Hi there, for today I made a congratulations slimline card mixing and matching supplies.
This card measures 8-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ inches.
The Card Making Process
The Card Base
- First, I made a card base using 300 gms cardstock and the scoring board.
- Then, I applied Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the center of the card base.
- I splattered a little bit of water and black ink diluted with water to add texture over the inked area.
- Next, I die-cut the front panel using the larger die from Slimline Stitching Trio die set and I partially die cut it using the larger oval die from the Elegant Twist Ovals die set,
- To do the partial die-cutting in such a large piece you will need a large format die-cutting machine.
Stamping & Die Cutting other Components
- First, I stamped all the images from the Blooming Meadow stamp set using Polar Ice, Siren Blue, Midnight Surf Nuvo Hybrid inks on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb cardstock.
- I stamped the bold images first and then the outline ( I didn’t aim for perfection as that looks good using this stamp set)
- I also stamped the leaves from the Blooming Meadow stamp set using SSS Green Apple ink.
- When the stamping was done, I die-cut all the images using the Blooming Meadow die set.
- I also die-cut the doves using Turtle Doves die set out of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb cardstock and I die cut the beaks, bows, leaves, hearts, and the large “congratulations sentiment” out of Tonic Gold glitter cardstock.
- To give sturdiness to the die-cut word I die-cut 4 extra layers out of 300gms smooth cardstock and stack them all together.
To finish I glued the partially die-cut front panel directly onto the card base and I layer all the elements as shown in the picture.
I used Nuvo Deluxe adhesive to affix everything in place.
To embellish, I used green confetti (glued on the center of the flowers )and Gold Mix Esential Gems.
Last but not least, I also stamped the envelope using a sentiment from Just Missing You stamp set.
I love that set!
Thirsty for more?
Check out more slimline cardmaking ideas by clicking here!
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.