The first idea is to do some “die-cut shadowing”, this is how I’m calling a design tip that will allow you to add interest to your projects with ease.
I also made 3 easy projects using Slimline Envelope die set by Simon Says Stamp. This is a must-have.
All details in the video below.
TURTLE DOVE AND HEART SLIMLINE CARD
- This slimline card measures 4″ x 9″ inches.
- The envelope in the picture was made using Slimline Envelope die set by Simon Says Stamp.
- For the card base, I cut an 8″ x 9 ” inches piece of 200 grams cardstock and I scored it at 4″ inches across the longest side. Done!
- Then I cut a front panel using the largest die in Stitched Slimline Trio die set.
- I traced a line at 3/4″ of an inch from the top of the die-cut to use as a guide to die cut the panel 3 times using Filigree Wafer die.
- Next, I used foam pads to adhere to the die-cut panel onto the card base.
- To finish I added decoratives elements shown in pictures made using staking hearts and Turtle Dove die set.
*** Note : Find more details in the video above.
Die-Cut Shadowing Design Elements
For this card I applied “die-cut shadowing“. This consists of adding an inlaid die-cut image underneath another die-cut or stamped image with a similar shape so it will act as a shadow, adding depth and interest to your project.
I have been doing this since forever but I never conceptualised it. lol
I believe that knowing exactly which elements we can use when designing a card can help us tremendously.
Check the blog post here to see more samples using “die-cut or stamping shadowing” design elements and beautiful Simon Says Stamp Supplies.
SLIMLINE ENVELOPE 3 WAYS
1. 4-1/8″ x 9″ inches Slimline Envelopes
These slimline envelopes measures 4-1/8″ x 9″ inches envelope.
Matching Card Base Sizes
- Option 1. Cut a 8″ x 9 ” inches piece of card and score it at 4″ inches across the longest side. The card base will measure 4″ x 9″ inches.
- Option 2. For a narrower slimline cards, cut a 7″ x 8-1/2″ inches piece of paper and score at 3-1/2″ inches over the shorter side. The card base will measure 3-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ inches.
2. FROM SLIMLINE ENVELOPE TO A GIFT BOX
This box measures 4″X 2-1/8″, 2-1/4″ inches.
- To make it you will need the larger die from the Slimline Envelope die set.
- Next, you need to fold the piece in half and then fold each half in half again ( as shown in the video)
- Cut a piece of cardstock that measures 6-3/4″ x 8″ inches and score at 2-1/4″ around the edges
- Crop the corners to create the box flaps and glue in place
- Assemble the box as shown in the video above.
3. FROM SLIMLINE ENVELOPE TO A Gift Card Holder
The gift card envelope measures 4-3/4″ X 3-5/8″ inches. The gift holder size is 4-1/2′ X 3-1/4″ inches.
- To make it you will need the larger die from the Slimeline Envelope die set.
- Fold the piece in half.
- Score at 1/4″ of each along the larger sides of the piece.
- Crop the corners to create flaps as shown in the video above.
- Glue in place.
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Laura Bassen
- Debby Hughes
- Amanda Korotkova
- Yoonsun Hur
- Heather Hoffman
- Bibi Cameron You are Here!
- Anna-Karin Evaldsson
- Bobbi Lemanski
- Vicky Papaioannou
- Keisha Charles
- Kath Stewart
- Kim Hamilton
- Dilay Nacar
- Lorraine Aquilina
- Misty Elam
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the comment section.
Winners will be chosen and post on o Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 20th of January.
That’s all for today. I hope you are enjoy the hop and this super cute release.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.