Hello everyone, today I’m sharing a couple of fun techniques to add textures to card backgrounds called straw and bubble painting.
I’m also joining a Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop to celebrate the Good Vibes Release and there is a giveaway for you (read the info at the bottom of this post)
You can also see my Instagram reel here.
- I used Smooth Bristol Paper and I stamped the images and sentiments using Simon Says Stamp Black Ink ( very dark ink).
- For no-line colouring, I used Antique Linen Distress ink.
- I used Zigs, Gold metallic watercolour paint.
- After colouring, I use white watercolour paint to highlight some areas of the images.
- Another way to do this is to leave the space we want to highlight blank, so I do not add colour to that area.
- When the colour around the blank area is dry, I then use a water brush to move a little bit of the pigment into it so it doesn’t look so white.
I also added a wobble action spring to the card below …
It will be super sweet if you pin me or share this post with your crafty friends and please make sure to share your makes on the social network with the hashtags #simonsaysstamp, #SSSGoodVibes so everyone can find them.
Simon Says Stamp! is giving away a $25 coupon to a happy winner from my blog comment section. So please leave a comment for your chance to win. Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp store blog on Wednesday.
That’s all for today …
Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I am always happy to read and answer your comments.
Many hugs and happy crafting
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.