To show you the versatility of this background stamp, I stamped the top and the bottom part of the image on two different panels to make the slimline cards in this post.
I also made a C6 card using the whole image, and my daughter Emma ( 7 years old) made an extra card to share with you.
Red Magnolia Background Slimline Card
- Then, using Inkon 3 fadeout ink, I stamped the bottom part of the Magnolia Background stamp on a corner of the panel.
- I applied colours using watercolour paint ( Schmincke) in red and green colours.
- Using the Misti and Versafine Black Onyx Ink, I stamped one sentiment from Just Missing You stamp set.
- To finish, I splattered the panel using white acrylic paint diluted with water.
- I also added a few pre-made Gold Glitter Nuvo Drops.
*** This card measure 8-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ inches.
Note: I have a 30-secs video on my Instagram here to show you how I made the drops.
Ocher Magnolia Background Card
To make this card, I did a similar process than as as the previous card and it is also the same size ( 8-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ inches)
- This time I stamped the top part of the Magnolia Background stamp on the panel.
- I did a more expontaneous colouring using ochre, yellows, and brown watercolour paints colours and I also splattered the paper using green paint diluted with water.
- The die-cut sentiment was made using the new Wishing You Joy wafer die, gold mirror cardstock and vellum.
For both of these cards, I used Schminke watercolor paints and for the card below I used Altenew watercolor paints.
Although Schminke are extraordinary, I believe that it doesn’t matter what kind of paint you use.
I have many kind from affordable ( good quality) to more costly.
The funny thing is that I find myself using always the same paint colours even if they are from different brands.
The card below was coloured using Altenew Paints and you will struggle to see the difference between this and the Schminke watercolours ( Red Magnolia slimline card above).
I believe this is because the same person painted them and because they were used on stamped images and not to do freehand art where we could really notice a difference.
C6 MAGNOLIA BACKGROUND CARD
I applied colour using Altenew Watercolor paints.
The sentiment is from Just Missing You stamp set.
My youngest daughter (Emma- 7 years old) wanted to try no-line coloring and she asked me to share her finished card
So here it is!
We saw the quote ” Makers Love Equality” on the website of a fantastic german designer and inventor (she does engineering type of things) so we added her quote to Emma’s card.
We all have the right to express, enjoy, and be recognized for creating art, regardless of our skill level.
Emma also wanted me to tell you that although no-line colouring could be exhausting (lol), watercolour is fun and that any handmade card is beautiful and special.
More of this release..
Here is a video sharing a fun technique using the new Magnolia Branches Embossing Folder .
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Laura Bassen
- Debby Hughes
- Jennifer McGuire
- Cathy Zielske
- Amanda Korotkova
- Heather Hoffman
- Anna-Karin Evaldsson
- Emma Williams
- Bibi Cameron You are here!!
- Yoonsun Hur
- Bobbi Lemanski
- Dilay Nacar
- Mindy Eggen
- Kath Stewart
- Norine Borys
- Tina Smith
- Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section.
- Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 5th of May.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for passing by.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.