To feature the beautiful supplies, I’m sharing two easy cardmaking techniques using masks/ stencils and also a very simple way to add an eye-catching tone-on-tone effect using Simon Says Stamp Inks.
Watch the video here to see how I do this…
Mask , Dies and Stamps Used + Clickable Links
- Heart Mask
- Birthday Die Set
- Peonies and Leaves Stencil
- Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set
- Layered Birdie die set
I dared to experiment and to use a new combination of colors Pinks, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black.
Inks used + Clickable Links
- Cheeky SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink
- Magnolia Premium Dye SSS Ink
- Schoolhouse Red Premium Dye Ink
- Lemonade SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink
- Pearfection SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink
- Celery SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink
SSS Heart Masks 2 Ways
- Heart Mask is the protagonist of this post. I love this kind of product because is super versatile!
- The package includes 8 layered heart mask.
- 4 with the positive heart shape and 4 with the negative space.
For today I only used 1 of them to create a focal point for the background of the card and to share easy ideas to get creative with this mask.
1. Stencil on stencil
So here is an idea to use the new Heart Mask underneath another stencil to get a patterned masked stenciled image.
- I used Peonies and Leaves Stencil over the Heart Mask and you can see how crisp are the edges.
- The masks are thin, durable, and washable!!
- Oh and to hold the stencil you only will need a low-tack tape. I love Spellbinders Best Ever Craft Tape.
- I applied to the Layered Birdie the same colors used to do the stenciling.
- To add interest to the die-cut bird, I added black and white dots using a Black Glaze Pen and a Gel white pen by Sakura and a Black Nuvo Drop on the eye.
- When the black Nuvo Drop was dried, I added over Nuvo Crystal Glaze for extra shine.
- To add sparkle, I also applied Spellbinders Sprakle Silk over the bird.
- The tiny stamped sentiment is from Be lovely Stamp Set and the branch was die cut using a die from Beautiful Birds die set.
2. Stamp Through Stencil
Here is an idea to stamp through the Heart Mask.
- First, I place the mask over a 300 grams prescored card base and I used the Misti to stamp through it using Versafine Onyx ink.
- I knew that when using photopolymer stamps over this type of masks/ stencils the stamps will tend to stick to them. This can cause a loss of alignment as you might need to remove the mask.
- So I decided to use the Misti to stamp the large image from Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set only once.
- Then I cleaned and repositioned the mask to do ink blending over.
- Once the stencilled stamped image was done, I foam mounted the elements.
- The word Birthday was made using the Birthday Die Set.
- The words ” On You” are silver hot foiled using a glimmer plate from Splatter Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foild Plates.
- Again, I used the same colours of ink for the 2 projects in this post and for all their elements.
- Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the comments section.
- Winners and post on our Simon Says Stamp Blog here on Wednesday, the 26th of January.
Thirsty for more?
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by