This card measures 8-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ inches.
To The Moon Release by Simon Says Stamp is a love/friendship-themed release and it includes stencils, stamps, dies, and glimmer plates.
Layered Birdy Wafer Die
Layered Birdy wafer die is a single die that will cut 6 different pieces to assemble a little bird.
The bird measures about 1-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ inches.
The sky is the limit when thinking about ways to add color to the die-cuts or to apply different mediums to cardstock to then die-cut it.
I used Distress Ink to add colour.
- First, I die cut all the pieces out of white cardstock.
- Then, I applied Antique Linen , Tumbled Glass, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Saphire, Blueprint Sketch, and a hint of Gathered Twigs and Rusty Hinge Distress inks.
- I also applied a gold wax over the beack.
- Next, I glued some of the pieces together and I used a dimentional foam pad to adhere the wing.
- I added a Black Nuvo Drop on the eye and when dried I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze.
- To add interest I added black and white dots using a Black Glaze Pen and a Gel white pen by Sakura.
- To add sparkle, I applied Spellbinders Sprakle Silk over the bird.
- For the background, I first die cut a panel out of 300 grams white cardstock using dies from Fluted Classic Slimline Dies.
- Then, I affix the Peonies and Leaves Stencil over one corner of the panel using a piece of the Best Ever Craft Tape.
- Next, I added color using Distress Inks and SSS Blending Brushes.
I used the same ink colours used to add colour to the Layered Birdy, plus purple and black inks to add more contrast.
Here is the link of colours used and in the order used:
- Antique Linen
- Tumbled Glass
- Prize Ribbon
- Blueprint Sketch,
- Chipped Saphire
- Dusty Concord
- Black Sooth
- Wathered Wood
- Twisted Citron
- Mowed Lawn
- Rusty Hinge
- Once the stencilled panel was finished, I mixed black ink with water and I splattered over it.
- To add sparkle, I also splattered Spellbinders Sprakle Silk.
- To finish, I die-cut two ( 2) branches out f white smooth cardstock using SSS Privet Branch wafer die.
- Then, I glued one over the other one, and I glued them over the stencilled panel.
- Using dimentional pads, I adhered the bird over the branch.
- To embellis, I used dark blue pearls by Picket Fence.
- The sentiment was white heat embossed on Navy Blue Cardstock.
- To finish, I filled an empty Nuvo Shimmer Pen with Spellbinders Sprakle Silk and I applied this over the banner.
*** All supplies used are listed at the boto of this post.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.