And Back Again is a Birthday/Love/friendship stamping release and you will find heart-themed dies, stamps in different shapes and sizes (I’ll be using some of them in my next posts).
Decorated Cakes Wafer Dies
This cute die set will allow you to easily create two-tier die-cut cakes for papercraft projects of different sizes.
- Decorated Cakes Wafer Dies includes 2 dies.
- Each die will cut 2 pieces with different decorative dotty patterns.
- When running both dies through the die cutting machine, you will get 4 die-cuts.
- You will need those 4 die cuts to create one single two- tier cake.
- A set of die-cuts will be the front of the cake and the other will go upside down at the back so that it gets that bidimensional shape at the top of each tier.
- The cakes assambled measures about 2″x2″ inches.
Decorated Cakes Birthday C6 Card
Dies used to make this C6 Card:
- Card topper – Decorated Cakes Wafer Dies by SSS
- Decorative elements and candle flame: Mini Flowers and Leaves Wafer Dies by SSS
- Sentiment : Birthday Wafer Dies by SSS
- Lilac Background Piece : Stitching Sunflower Wafer Dies by SSS
- White Backgroudn piece –Fluted Classic Rectangles by Spellbinders
- Happy [ small foiled sentiment] – Splatter Sentiments Glimmer Plates by Spellbinders.
- To make this card, I first die- cut the pieces for the cake and I assambled each cake tier.
- Then, I applied Cheecky – Pawsitively Saturated ink over the edges of each cake tier using a blender brush.
- Next, I glued the cake toghether and I embellished it using Mini Flowers and Leaves Wafer Dies by SSS.
- I die-cut the word Birthday out of gold pearlecent cardstock and the backing out of vellum.
- To make the little candle, I just trimmed a piece of gold glitter cardstock and I used one of the leaves from Mini Flowers and Leaves Wafer Dies to make the candle flame.
The backgorund Pieces
- I die-cut a piece of white cardstock panel using the largest dies from Fluted Classic Rectangles die set.
- Then, I die-cut a smaller rectangular piece out of SSS Lavender Cardstock, also using a die from Fluted Classic Rectangles.
- Next, I used one of the dies from Stitching Sunflower Wafer Dies by SSS to create a pattern on the Lavender Cardstock piece.
- Once the Lavender piece was done, I glued it over the white background panel.
- To finish, I glued all the pieces over a C6 card base and I embellish using mini gold gems.
Use stitched dies to add patterns to your papercraft projects
One key idea for you today is to use dies such as Stitching Sunflower Wafer Dies by SSS to die-cut a pattern in the background pieces of your projects.
I think it really makes a difference and it could add value to any simple composition.
So I also would like to invite you to look at your dies to find compatibility and coordination between them all the time.
Decorated Birthay Cake Tag
I also made a tag to give you an idea using Decorated Cakes Wafer Dies by SSS in smaller projects.. but as always the sky’s the limit.
As the cake measures, 2″x2″ inches this tag is a medium size ( 4 x 2-1/2″ inches) but it could be smaller if you need to and the tag can be any shape as well.
To finish, I stuck the die-cut cake to the tag using adhesive foam pads, I added little flowers and a DIY candle.
Dies used to make this tag
- Decorated Cakes Wafer Dies by SSS
- Mini Flowers and Leaves Wafer Dies by SSS
- Stitching Sunflower Wafer Dies by SSS
- Nested Tags by SSS
*** Click on the image below to find all the products included in the new “And Back Again” Simon Says Stamp release.
Thirsty for more?
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Affiliate Links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.