They are awesome to make Xmas cards but you can create projects for any occasion.
As I recently got more designs, I decided to give them a try and to share some easy ideas with you all.
For today I’m using the following die sets:
The Cardmaking Process
- First, I die-cut all the card bases using “Circles Etched Dies and Oval Etched Dies” from the Fluted Classics Collection by Spellbinders that will be released soon on the Simon Says Store here!
- The card blacks I sued are Tonic Studios A6 UK size this are slighly larger than A2 card blanks by Tonic Studios that I also use very often but I run out of them :(.
- Then, I die-cut the pieces out of teal, grey, and a piece of white cardstock coloured with a skin tone marker ( for the noses)
- To add shine, I simply die-cut several snowflakes using Harmony Snowflakes out of Matte Gold Mirror Cardstock by Simon Says Stamps.
- I also die -cut Gold Glitter Cardstock included in the Gold Hearted paper pad ( this includes gorgeous textured gold paper ideal to add accents to your cards)
- For even more sparkle, I added Gold Mix Gems.
- I decided to keep the cards as flat as possible for easy mailing so I glued the pieces using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
Large Gnome Die Set
Deco Hat Gnome Die Set
The Deco Hat Gnome is perhaps the large gnome in the range and the most time-consuming of the gnomes die sets because the hat includes many little pieces ( 29 to be more exact -lol ). It is crazy!!
You got to see my face the first time I happily die-cut the image… My jaw dropped! I got several tiny pieces everywhere and I didn’t know what was what.
So the second time I die cut it, I used Press n’ Seal behind the cardstock to keep the pieces together, and that made the paper piecing process a lot easier.
This gnome is in my opinion the nicet so the extra work is well worth it.
In my previous post here you can find easy but essential paper piecing tips.
The Large Gnome die set will create a 4″ inches tall x 1-1/2″ inches wide gnome.
Also beautiful, this is very easy to put together and you can see how to assemble it on the video here.
She Gnome Die set
The She Gnome die set will create a super cute 2″ x 3″ inches gnomie.
I love the little hearts in her dress and couldn’t resist doing more paper piecing.
Lil Gnome Die Set
The Lil Gnome is the smaller die in the range. It is about 3″ inches tall x 1″ inch wide.
This is just perfect for small tags, easy to put together, and also super cute.
Watch 2- minutes video to see this kind of dies in action
Thirsty for more?
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by!
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.