Hello, I hope you are doing well. For today I made a card using images from Spring Flowers 4 stamp set.
I added colour using Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers.
SSS Spring Flowers 4 Stamp Set
Spring Flowers 4 is an 8×6 stamp set.
It includes 15 images that allows you to create endless floral compositions for your cards.
All The Thanks Stamp Set
All the Thanks stamp set is a must-have. It is one of my favorites!
This a 6×8 stamp set and it contains 23 individual stamps.
At least one sentiment in Spanish and one is in French.
SSS Spring Flowers 4 Thank you card
- To make this C6 card, I first stamped the roses and leaves from Spring Flowers 4 stamp set on Arches watercolor paper using Antique Linen and Mowed Lawn Distress inks and the Misti.
- Then, I applied color using Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers.
- I used red, pink, and peach shades applying the colour directly from the markers to the paper and spreading it with a water brush.
- To add shadows I used a brown marker.
- Using the ink of a brown marker diluted with water, I splattered the image.
- I stamped the sentiment from the All the Thanks stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- While the ink was still wet, I applied Wow Clear Matte Embossing powder and heat seat it.
- Next, I die cut the sentiment using a coordinating die from the All the Thanks die set and I foam-mounted it over the panel.
- I added a grey background piece and then I glued this onto a Tonic A2 card base.
To add a nice decorative edge to the panel, I die cut it using the largest die from Wonky Rectangles.
To embellish, I used sequins.
When doing no-line coloring you might feel the images are not quickly achieving definition and perhaps that makes you feel discouraged. I have been there!
To shape things up it is key to add shadows and darker areas and also have time and disposition.
You might need to add two or three washes of colour first .
Once they are dry, you can start applying more vibrant colours, also darker areas.
It is a lot easier and faster to apply colour to images stamped with any ink colour than doing no-line colouring.
Time is against me sometimes so I just say ok this is good enough and I’m going to stop right here.
Allow yourself to enjoy, experiment and try different ways to colour your images and please forget about perfection
Thirsty for more?
Below images of cards made using the same supplies ( differet mediurm tho)
Click on each image to read more…
That’s all for today.
God bless you, today, tomorrow and always.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks you very much for your support.