Hello Crafty friends, I have a couple of card samples for you using the super popular Let’s Get Away Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp.
when I finish I thought they are very simple but don’t get me wrong, I took my time doing fussy cutting as I don’t have the coordinating Let’s Get Away die set.
I also decided to use tiny little images from the Your light stamp set to add a little bit of something.
Let’s Get Away Stamp Set
Let’s Get Away Stamp Set is a 6x 4 stamp set and it contains 8 images and 7 sentiments.
There is a die set available called Adirondack Chair that is similar to the stamped chair. I find it super cute. so I have ordered it and I might be able to share more ideas later on.
- Let’s Get Away stamp set
- Zigs ( waterbase markers )
- Surf and Sand stencil
- Your light stamp set
- Sentiment: Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink + Misti ( Stamping Tool) .
The Cardmaking Process
- First, I stamped the image from the Let’s Get Away Stamp Set on Arches Watercolour paper using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and the help of the Misti ( Stamping Tool) .
- Then, I added colours to the images I used Zigs ( water-based markers) and I blend and spread the colour using Nuvo Aqua Brushes.
- Next, I fussy cut the images using scissors and I set apart.
For the backgrounds, I used blue and yellow shades of Distress inks listed below :
I just wanted to create a little texture or a base to place the images over.
- Very Important: I used a piece of printer paper to mask the area I didn’t want to cover with ink.
- Then, I applied the yellow inks on the top portion of the area and the blues at the bottom.
- I used Simon Says Stamp Blending Brushes which allowed me to get a smooth blending.
- To add some waves, I also used the Surf and Sand stencil.
- When the panel was dry, I splattered it using Picket Fence Distress Spray and Salty Ocean Distress Ink diluted with water.
- To stamp the sentiments I used Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink using the Misti ( Stamping Tool).
- As my cards were looking a bit too simple, I decided to stamp little crabs and birds from Your light stamp set.
I can’t avoid thinking that these cards will be PERFECT to send to myself -lol.
Thirsty for more?
That’s all for today.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.