I also love applying colour to Anita’s illustrations using Zigs which are water-based markers and I found them super easy to use.
- Stargazers stamp set
- Zigs ( waterbase markers )
- Nuvo Aqua Brushes ( My fav and affordable waterbrushes)
- SSS Dimensional Stars Stencil ( background stars)
- Simon Says Stamps Glitter Gels Pack ( I used the gold colour)
Stargazers Stamp Set By Anita Jeram
- The Stargazers stamp set (4-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ inches package ).
- It includes 11 stamps, 7 images and 4 sentiments. The bear’s image measures 3″ x 3-1/2″ inches and the bunnies are about 3-3/4″ x 1-1/4″ inches.
- Both images will comfortably fit on a C6 front card panel.
- This set is perfect to make encouragement cards.
The Cardmaking Process
This card measures 8″ x 4″ inches.
- First, I stamped the bear’s image from the Stargazers stamp set on Arches Watercolour paper.
- I used Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and the help of the Misti ( Stamping Tool) to do this.
- To add colours to the images and background, I used Zigs ( water-based markers) and I blend and spread the colour using Nuvo Aqua Brushes.
- When the panel was dry, I splattered it using Picket Fence Distress Spray and Gold Nuvo Shimmer Powder.
- Both were diluted with water and I allowed each splattered layer before applying the next.
- Next, I used one of the stencils from the SSS Dimensional Stars Stencil and the gold paste included in the Simon Says Stamps Glitter Gels Pack to add very shiny stars to the background.
- The glitter gel dries very quick and the colour is stunning.
To finish I added a gold heat embossed sentiment on black:
The Darkest Nights Produce The Brightest Stars…
Thirsty for More?
That’s all for today.
I hope you enjoy this post.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.