Hi everyone, welcome to my blog and to Rest and Refresh blog hop + giveaway to celebrate a new Simon Says Stamp release!
I love the warmth of the beach and all related to it make me happy.
So for today, I’m featuring the coolest little images from Your Light stamp set and I made 4 cards in different sizes between 7″x5″ inches and 5″x5″ inches.
Watch 4- minutes video to see the technique and products in action
Your Light stamp set is a nautical – ocean themed stamp set and it includes 24 individual stamps.
A boat, a lighthouse, a buoy, an anchor, clouds, a crab, fishes, birds, a lobster, starfish, a jellyfish, light rays plus seven (7) sentiments perfect to create encouragement cards.
Some of the images in this stamp set are tiny… aren’t they gorgeous?
I think they are fabulous to make little scenes inside masked silhouettes or a frame.
So I made my own super duper easy ocean-themed masks/stencils using printer paper, a pencil, a craft knife and Tim Holtz snips.
I then placed the mask/stencil on a piece of watercolour paper and I applied Distress Inks using a blending tool and Nuvo Sponges to create the silhouette.
Once this was done I sprayed water over the stencilled image to create a distressed look and white speckles.
I then left the mask on the watercolour paper and I stamped the images using Versafine Onix ink.
To apply colours I used water-based markers ( Zigs and Arteza).
TOP TIP: Apply a tiny amount of the marker inks on the images and then spread the colour over the images I used a water brush.
For the whale tail cards, I used a mix of Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Inks and to add darker areas in one of the cards I also used Black Sooth and Chipped Sapphire Tradicional Distress Inks.
As I wanted to give you extra ideas, I searched online for seahorses and ocean themed silhouettes. I found many available for free.
I then download the images and I set my printer paper to 8×5 inches and 6×4 inches.
I then created the masks out of the printed images.
|I used Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac and Fossilize Amber Distress Oxide ink for these cards.|
To finish …
- I applied Nuvo Glitter Gloss Pen over the images but I also splattered the shimmer from the pen.
- I placed the negative mask over the images and then I splattered over the panel distress inks mixed with water and the ink of Nuvo Aqua Flow pens navy blue, lilac and yellow.
- For two of my cards today, I heat embossed sentiments on black cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Clear Ink and Nuvo Fine Detail white embossing powder.
- For the other cards, I stamped the sentiments using Simon Says Stamp black ink directly on the watercoloured panel.
- I embellished using Simon Says sequins Marina.
- Leave a comment for your chance to win a $25 USD voucher to spend on the Simon Says Stamp Shop.
- Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 12th of June.
Bibi Cameron >>>You are here
That’s all for today.
Any questions? please ask. 🙂
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.