So I’ll use it today ( again) to share colouring and layering tips.
You can pair it with any of the Wafer die branches and you won’t get it wrong.
SSS Blossom Vine Colouring
- The key is to choose two contrasting colours also regardless of the shade, so one should be darker than the other.
- Now, I need you to apply the lighter shade over the whole die cut ( avoid going heavy-handed).
- Then apply the darker shade from the top edge to the bottom of the die-cut shape.
- The lighter shade should be applied again but this time from the bottom to the top.
- Yes! You can apply the lighter shade over the darker one as well to blend and smooth the colours.
I used 3 different combos: 1. A light and a medium yellow. 2 yellow and orange. £3. red and orange.
- Red flowers ink colours: School House Red, Orange Peel.
- Orange Flowers ink colours: Sunbeam and Orange Peel
- Yellow Flowers ink colours: Sunbean and Citrine.
Leaves and Steams Colouring
- Again use contrasting colours.
- Apply a light ink colour first. Do it” unevenly “almost like applying patches of colours here and there.
- You can use a soft blending brush to “dab” the colour in instead of gently and softly applying it in circular motions ( as you do when blending)
- Very important: leave white spaces. Do not cover the whole piece with the same ink colour.
- Then use a darker colour to do the same ( do not overwhelm the lighter shade)
- To make the colour even you can apply another layer of a lighter shade ( can be different to the other 2 you just. have applied – totally optional)
SSS Bloom Vine Slimline Card
In the video below, I share the process and tips to assemble the flower arrangement.
Bloom Vines Wreath
- Blossom Vine wafer die
- Olive Leaves wafer dies
- Sentiments from Big and Bold Dance and Twirl stamp sets.
Paper Flower Arrangments Tips
- I like to assemble the arrangements before glueing them to the card panels.
- This allows me to easily make changes and have a glue-smearing-free finish.
- To have a visual and also to make sure that my arrangements will fit the card panel, sometimes I place the card panels inside a cello bag.
- As the bag is non-sticky, I can glue the pieces together over it without a problem.
Thirsty for more?
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.