I also added little banners to these projects using the new pre-printed sentiments from the Sentiment Strips Easter (Pack of 4 cards – 44 sentiment | banners).
Stained Glass Bird Die
- Stained Glass Bird is perhaps one of the most affordable dies in this release and it is so very unique.
- The bird measures 1-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ inches.
- There is a coordinating S Stained Glass Bird stencil available or you can also get the combo.
Note: I didn’t use the stencil today but tomorrow I’ll share ideas using the Stained Glass die + stencil
Main supplies in this post
- Stained Glass Bird Wafer Die.
- You’re on My Heart wafer dies.
- Sentiment Strips Easter .
- Nested Tags wafer dies.
- Etched Berry Branch wafer dies.
- Etched Laurel Leaves wafer dies.
Stained Glass Alcohol Ink
- First, I die-cut the different panels using the Stained Glass Bird Wafer Die.
- To add dimension, I die-cut 2 or 3 birds out of white cardstock and I stack them together.
- Then I added Silver embossing powder or an extra die-cut made out of Frosted Silver Satin Cardstock.
- I used alcohol inks over a piece of Spellbinders heat-resistant acetate to create a coloured backing piece for the die-cut bird.
- Instead of acetate, you can also use photo paper.
- As a blending solution for the alcohol inks, I used Surgical Spirit ( that is easy to get here in the UK)
- Once the alcohol inks were dried over the acetate, I stuck the acetate behind the die-cut windows on each project.
- Then, I glued the different panels onto card bases.
- For the tag I simply glued another tag behind.
- To embellish, I used leaf die-cuts made using Etched Berry Branch or Etched Laurel Leaves wafer dies.
- I also added to the C6 card Spellbinders Prism AB Gems.
Alcohol Ink Colours Used :
I used Etched Laurel Leaves die set to decorate.
For this C6 card and the tag below, I used only Frosted Silver Satin Cardstock.
To decorate I altered a die-cut made using Etched Berry Branch wafer dies.
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop.
For your chance to win leave a comment below. Simon Says stamp will choose the winners and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 30th of March.
Thirsty for more?
Explore the Release
That’s all for today.
I hope you enjoy these ideas.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.