Hello crafty friends, I made a frame using the new Loving Sun and Moon stamp set by Simon Says Stamp to wish you all a Happy New Year!!
To add color, I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi 48 watercolor Set.
I also added loads of shimmer using gold, silver, and copper Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Watercolor Paints.
Loving Sun and Moon Stamp Set
- Loving Sun and Moon stamp set by Simon Says Stamp is a 6×6 red rubber cling stamp set.
- Includes 5 images, a large moon, a medium-size sun, and 3 stars in differenct sizes.
- The moon measures about 5″ x 3- 3/4.
- The sun measures 3″ x 3″ inches.
Since I first saw the stamp set, I had the idea to make an A4 watercolor painting and frame it.
The painting measures 7-1/2 x 9- 1/2″ inches
The frame measures 13″ x 11″ inches.
- To do this, I simply stamped the images on Strathmore watercolor paper using Versafine Black Onyx Ink.
- Without doing any masking, I applied washes of blue, purple, and black watercolor paints diluted with water.
- I started by applying the lighter colors first and then I dropped in darker colours.
- While the paint was still wet, I applied Sea Salt .
- Then I allowed this to dry and once it dried, I removed the salt from the panel.
- Next, I applied colours to the moon and sun using Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Watercolor Paints.
- I diluted the paint with very little water.
- As the stamped lines where cover by the metallic watercolours, I used a fine liner pen over the lines to rescue de details.
- I also used a white gel pen and a black glaze pen to add dots and details.
- To add accents, I splattered the panel using white acrylic paint and gold watercolor paint.
- I gold heat embossed the sentiment “Here Is To One More Trip Around the Sun” from XL Birthday Greetings stamp set over vellum.
- Then, I added a piece of white cardstock behind, and using adhesive foam pads I stuck it to the panel.
- I also stamped sentiments from Tiny Words encoragment stamp set and SSS Your Greatest Dreams stamp set (discontinued)
** Find complete supplies list at the end of this post
Thristy for more?
click on the images to explore more ideas using supplies from the latest Simon Says Stamp Relase To The Moon
Tha’ts all for today.
Happy Crafting and Happy 2022!
Affiliate Links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.