My aim was to make a C6 baby card using the Interactive Baby Stroller die set but things went in a different way.
I made a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ inches card instead! So I just folded an A4 sheet of cardstock in half to make the card base.
Big Bear Picture Book Baby Card
This card is huge! To make the card base, I basically folded in half an A4 sheet of cardstock.
Due to this large format, the card base needed to be sturdy. So that, I used 300 gsm cardstock ( Neenah 110Lb).
I also had to add extra elements and I mixed and matched several die-sets.
Below is one picture of the main die sets used.
- As I die-cut the bear out of white and pink cardstock, all the die cuts were made in those colors.
- I simply added Urban Graphite Nuvo Glitter Marker on the die-cut eyes and nose.
- Once the bear was assabled, applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the eyes and nose to achieve an sparkling and glossy look.
- For accents and shine, I used Silver Mirror cardstock by Tonic Studios
- To personalize it, I used the Honey Bee Bee Bold Alphabet Die set to die cut the letters.
- I also used the words “hello” from “Oh hello There die set” by Simon Says Stamp to complete the greeting.
- For the background, I used the SSS I like Big Dots Stencil and I applied pink Nuvo Mousse using a blender brush.
- To be able to add an extra decorative elements to the background, I also die-cut a heart using the largest die from Staking Hearts die set by Honey Bee Stamps.
- To embellish, I die-cut a bow using dies from Nails Polish Bottle die set by Honey Bee Stamps ( this is the perfect size for the bear head).
That’s all for today.
Would you dare to make large-format cards?
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.