Hi there, I have a super simple pop-up butterfly card idea to share with you today. I used Beautiful Butterflies Stamp set, XOXO Background stamp, and Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles by Simon Says Stamp.
Butterfly Accordion Pop Up Card
- First, I stamped the butterflies from the Beautiful Butterflies Stamp set using Versafine Black ink on Strathmore watercolor paper.
- Then I added colour using Zigs.
- I fussy cut the butterflies and put them aside (having the coordinating die set would be fab!).
the front panel
- I stamped the image from XOXO Background stamp directly on the front panel of a C6 card base using grey ink.
- Then, I splattered the panel with the ink of a black Karin Marker diluted with water.
- Using Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles I die-cut a small scalloped panel and I stamped the larger butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies Stamp set over it using SSS Slate Gray ink.
- To decorate, I wrapped around the bottom of the scalloped panel a piece of linen thread.
- I glued the colored butterfly over the stamped image on the panel and I applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the center of the butterfly.
- To finish, I used adhesive foam pads to stick the scalloped panel on the front of the card base.
- I heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock using WOW Gold Rich Ultra Fine embossing powder and I added it to the panel using adhesive foam pads.
The inside of the card… Butterfly Accordion Pop-Up
- First, I folded the butterflies in half.
- Then, I made an accordion with them.
- Only applying glue to a tiny portion of their top wings.
- It was essential to hold, bend, and fold the paper on the glued area to guarantee a strong bond.
- I folded the accordion with the 4 butterflies and I added glue over the top wing of the last butterfly.
- Then, I placed the butterfly with glue on the wing about 1″ inch from the edge of the left inner panel.
- I closed the card and pressed it down while the glue was drying.
- Once this was done, I kept the accordion folded and I added glue on the top wing of the butterfly at the end of the accordion.
- Then, I closed the card again pressing down until the glue was dry.
- As when fussy cutting I chopped off the body of the butterflies, I decided to die-cut new bodies using a die included in the Delicate Meadow Butterfly die set. To do this I used black glitter cardstock.
- I glued them next to the central fold but no over it.
- As I love gluing banners to the butterfly wings this couldn’t be an exception!
***Note: you might need to help the pop-up to fold inside the card as is suspended from the sides and has no support in the center.
That’s all for today
Thanks for stopping by.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.