Hello there! Welcome to my blog and to the Simon Says Stamp Hello Beautiful Blog Hop.
For today I made a couple of projects featuring the fallowing new goodies:
- Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles.
- Botanical Split Background.
- Fine Detail Cream Embossing Powder.
- Slimline Beautiful You Stamp Set.
For the background panels of the cards in this post, I applied a super easy embossing resist technique.
As colouring medium, I used Distress Stain Sprays and inks.
Something I can say about the new SSS embosing powder is that is gorgeous! It is a must-have to do embossing resist over watercolour paper as it matches its color providing a more organic look.
Watch 4-minutes video
A visual aid to understand the card making process and to learn little tips ( intro and outro in English)
When possible, I’ll be incorporating videos with voice-over in Spanish, for the Spanish speaker community.
Here is my first crafty video ever with a voice-over in Spanish and see how it does. 🙂
YOU MAKE MY LIFE BEAUTIFUL 5X7 CARD
- To make this card, I stamped the images from Botanical Split Background on watercolour paper using Versamark ink ( clear).
- Then, I sprinkled the new Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Cream Embossing Powder over and I heat embossed it.
- Once the panel was heat embossed, I applied Distress Oxide and Stain Sprays over.
- I used a brayer to spread the lighter ink shades.
- To achieve an oxidized effect I sprayed water over the ink.
- I allowed the panel to dry, and I die cut it using the largest die from Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles.
- I used Turtle Doves Wafer Dies to die-cut a piece of watercolour paper and some gold glitter paper for die-cut accents.
- To add colour to the doves and leaves, I sprayed the die-cuts using Speckled Egg, Old paper, Walnut Stain, and Rusty Hinge Distress sprays ( listed in the supplies list below).
- Using a red Copic marker, I added colour to the dove’s beak and I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to make it glossy.
- The banner was made using sentiments from Slimline Beautiful You Stamp Set and Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Cream Embossing Powder.
- I also added some clear sequins and Fashion Gold embellishments to decorate.
To finish, I adhered all the elements together using liquid glue except from the banner and the doves as for those I used dimensional foam pads.
PRAYING FOR YOU C6 CARD
- Then, I applied Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks on the glass mat.
- I sprayed water over the inks and I dabbed the watercolor panel on the inky mix until I covered most of its surface.
- To darken the colour, I also applied Black Sooth Distress ink on the glass mat, I sprayed it with water and dabbed the paper over the mixture.
- To add sparkle, I splattered Sparkle Silk.
By doing this I got several little coloured speckles on the paper.
To finish, I applied salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink and Black smooth over the edges of the panel.
- Once dry, I die cut it.
- The gorgeous butterflies were made using Stitching Butterflies.
- I made 2 little banners using pre-printed sentiments and I glued them behind the butterfly winds.
- Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section.
- The winners will be announced on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 3rd of March.
Thirsty for more SIMON SAYS STAMP IDEAS?
Easter Interactive Card
Bunny Blessings Slimline Card
Spring Blooms Corner Die Tags.
I have been playing with Hello Beautiful supplies and incredible beautiful newly released embossing powders and I’m preparing a video post filled with super cool techniques and tips to get crafty with heat embossing.
See you tomorrow with more ideas!!
That’s all for today
Thanks for stopping by.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. thanks for your support