Hi there, today I’m featuring the beautiful Botanical Split Background Stamp by Simon Says Stamp and two easy and fun multicoloured heat embossing techniques using Wow embossing powders.
For this project I have used:
- Botanical Split Background
- Happy Birthday
- WOW Embossing Trio Fiesta
- WOW Heat Tool.
- Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets preferable heat-proof.
Watch the video
MULTICOLOURED HEAT EMBOSSING
I have been having fun using the latest embossing powders released by WOW, they come in packages of 3 .
For today I used the Embossing Trio Fiesta.
- This trio contains glitter so as a result, you will get a sparkling composition.
- The colors are vibrant.
- Trio Fiesta powders are translucent so if you applied on black the colours won’t show up instead you will get an iridescent look.
- They are very easy to use and they produce well-defined stamped images considering they contain glitter.
The latest Wow trio colors come in 4 different combos.
Truly beautiful and I would like to invite you to check them out over the Simon Says Stamps Shop
I also got the new WOW heat tool. WOW that’s staff gets hot and it melts the powder like butter PLUS is white…So beautiful
So as you might imaging, they inspired me to do something different for today.
Multicoloured Heat Embossing Stamping
- First stamped the image from Botanical Split Background stamp over a piece of white smooth cardstock.
- I placed the stamp over my work surface, then I inked it and I placed the paper over. Using a brayer I helped myself to transfer the image.
- For better stamping results you can use the Misti to do multi stamping and transfer more ink to the paper.
- Then, using a craft spoon I applied one embossing powder color over some areas of the image.
- I checked the excess powder and I returned the leftover to the jar. I repeat this action to add each different colour of embossing powder.
- To finish the panel, I heat it up using the WOW heat tool.
Multicoloured Heat Embossing Die Cuts
For the sentiment I used Chunky Birthday Wafer die.. It is gorgeous!
Rather easy, all you have to do to apply embossing powders to die cuts is to make sure to use a heat-proof double-sided adhesive sheet before die-cutting.
Chunky Birthday die-cut sentiment was idea to show you this.
Then, I removed the adhesive backing paper to expose the adhesive and dab it on the embossing powder.
Next, I heat it up.
Shhh… BTW and don’t tell anyone I used an average adhesive sheet ( not sure if is heatproof) and I just tried to be careful to not burn thing up lol.
The advise is to use heat-proof just to make sure you get things right ( These are a bit hard to get here in the UK tho)
BLOG HOP AND GIVEAWAY
Today I’m participating in a Simon Says Stamp release Instagram hop! We are featuring the Hello Beautiful release, and you’re going to love the fantastic inspiration you’ll see from several creative people.
- For your chance to win a $25 gift card for the Simon Says Stamp store. Click here to visit the post en leave a comment.
- Winners will be chosen randomly from the comments left on each hopper’s post.
- All winners will be announced on Simon’s Instagram feed on Monday, March 8.
Thirsty For More Botanical Split Background?
Click here to read my previous post using this gorgeous stamps and other heat embossing ideas as well.