Hi there, welcome to All the Feels Release blog hop. For today I made easy and quick 3D collapsible frames for mini slimline cards.
Featuring the New:
3D Collapsible Frames Video
Watch the product in action + instructions to make these cards in the video below.
This idea was born as I’m lazy to add dimensional foam pads or long stripes of double-sided foam adhesive.
I hope you like it!
3D Collapsable Frames for Mini Slimline Cards
As you saw in the video this is an easy and effective way to add dimension to your projects.
These cards measures 6 -3/4″ x 3-1/2″ inches.
To Make these Mini Slimline Cards…
- I first stamped the images from the Spring Birds stamp set on Strathmore watercolour paper using Onyx Black Versafine Ink with the help of the Misti.
- I applied the colour using Zigs.
- Then, I die cut the images using Spring birds die set
To Make the Collapsible Frame
- You will need a 4-1/4″ x 5-3/4” inches piece of 240 grams cardstock.
- Score along the larger side of the paper at 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″ from both edges.
- Place the Mini Slimline Windows die in the center of the piece, secure with low tack tape and run through the die-cutting machine.
- Fold the edges to create the dimensional collapsable frame.
- Using the second largest die from Mini Slimline Frames die set die cut a backing panel for the 3D frame.
- Optional apply distress inks over the panel, stamp, or do some stenciling.
- To finish, glue the background to the collapsable frame as shown in the video.
To Finish …
- Use liquid adhesive to glue some images behind the frame.
- Make sure to adhere the top images over those stock behind the frame and some portion of the image should be stuck to the front of the frame for stability.
- Add a small heat embossed banner.
- Embellish. I used navy blue and clear sequins and also Fashion Silver Embellsimnets.
You can use the frame to make top or side-folding cards and you can easily adapt this idea to make projects in any size or using different products.
Mini Slimline Top Folding Card
Background Ink Colours: Peacock Feather, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch Distress inks.
Zigs Colours: Turquoise, Deep Green, Light Green Yellow, Mid Grey.
Mini Slimline Side Folding Card
Background Ink Colours: Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce Distress Inks.
Zigs Colours: Red, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Dark Brown, Blue Grey, Light Grey and Grey.
I used the Envelope Punch Board to make envelopes for these cards as I show at the end of the video (minute 12:00″) but there is a die called Mini Slimline Envelope die that will cut a beautiful envelope for these cards as well.
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Debby Hughes
- Laura Bassen
- Amanda Korotkova
- Heather Hoffman
- Bobbi Lemanski
- Vicky Papaioannou
- Bibi Cameron You are here!!!
- Kathy Racoosin
- Dilay Nacar
- Mindy Eggen
- Emma Williams
- Tina Smith
Simon Says Stamps is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comments section.
Winners will be chosen by Simon Says Stamp representatives and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 31st of March.
thirsty for more?
Check out related blog post below.
- Bold and Sparkle Sentiments Slimline Card – Thank Ful Flowers.
- Fun Fold Heart – Pop Up
- Magolia For You Slimline Card
- Fun Fold Slider and Lock Topper – Bunny Blessings
Thats all for today.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.