Hello from Scotland, Welcome to my blog and to the Spellbinders April Clubs Inspiration Blog Hop.
It is an honor to be amongst those who can share the joy of papercraft with you today!!!
I hope you are doing well during this time. I feel that craftying is really helping me and I sincerely hope is helping you as well. Stay safe and focused on the positive.
Ok… So for today, I mixed the ideas I shared this month using different Spellbinders kits.
I made this treat holder card, with a pull-out tab that can carry a secret message, a small gift or money.
For this project I used:
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil of the Month to create foiled banners.
- Cardstock, patterned paper and tiny floral dies included in the Spellbinders Craft Kit of this Month – May 2020.
- The balloons included in the Small Die of the Month – April 2020.
- Sunday Drive Etched Dies.
- Flora and Fauna Cut and Emboss Folder.
- Fashion Gold Embellishments.
In the picture below you can see how you can place money on the tab.
You can stick the note on the tab with a glue dot and one the recipient pulls it out the note will unfold.
How I made this…
- This is not different than inserting a narrow stripe of paper through an aperture or a slit.
- You need to add something at the end of the tab in the back of the paper to stop it from coming off, I glued a small stripe piece of paper across the end of the slider tap ( it look like a T ruler), so that the paper can’t pass through the slit on the front of the card.
- You also need to cut it to the size and check if it moves as you wish.
- I foam mount the front panel so the slide can move with ease in the back of it but this is not necessary. You just need to make sure that the tab doesn’t get stuck to anything.
Sunday Drive Etched Dies cuts the boot of the die-cut car, so I really didn’t have to do anything to the die-cut shape.
There is another die in Sunday Drive Etched Dies that will allow you to cut a window or a matting layer to add a sentiment over the boot door.
I used that die to cut the backing panel of the patterned paper to make a gap to be able to insert the slider tab.
It sounds a lot more complicated than it is but this is very easy!
I just think this is a creative way to stretch the use of the dies we got on different kits this month and if you haven’t got them you still have the chance to explore the kits!
Happy Holidays Box and Tag
Here, I also have a little bonus project to share with you mixing supplies in the kits.
I used the Paper Pad included in the kit, which is always awesome for little 3D projects.
The next in the hop is the incredible Kathy Clement
- Spellbinders Blog
- Yana Smakula
- Nichol Spohr
- Tina Smith
- Desiree Kuemmerle
- Jennifer Snyder
- Laurie Willison
- Bibi Cameron you are here!
- Kathy Clement
- Jill Hilliard
- Ilina Crouse
- Jean Manis
- Alicia Havranek
- Hussena Calcuttawala
- Joy Baldwin
- Marie Heiderscheit
- Zsoka Marko
- Dina Kowal
- Spellbinders is giving away a $25 gift certificate to a happy winner from the comment section on my blog.
- Shartl please email me to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
Thank you very much for stopping by!
Sending Hugs and happy crafting.
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support!