Hello from the north of Scotland! Welcome to my blog and to Simon Says Stamp Sunnier days ahead Blog hop.
Explore the whole release here!
Mama so very grateful for you
For this card, I wanted to use the outline of the large die-cut word “Mama”
- I started by stamping the flowers and leaves from Spring Flowers stamp set on cold press Arches watercolour paper using Versafine Onix Black ink.
- Then, I applied colours using Schmincke watercolour paints.
- Using my Tim Holtz Snips I fussy cut the images.
- I die cut the large word ( MAMA) out of white and black cardstock and I glued the black one over the white one.
- I then die cut a piece ofTonic watercolor paperfor the background usingWonky Rectangles dies.
- Next, I arranged the images and the large die cut word over the background panel and I glued everything using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment ‘So very grateful for you” from Simple Sentiments stamp set, using Versafine Black Onix Ink.
- I adhered the panel watercolor panel onto a piece of kraft paper using double-sided tape and I stick this on a card base also using double-sided tape.
- I embellished with sequins.
Mama you are numero uno
- For this card, I make a card base out of Tonic Watercolor paper and I adhered all the elements directly on the panel using liquid glue.
- I also used a pre-printed sentiment: You’re Numero Uno ( you’re number one) from Sentiments Stripes Reverse Love.
Tonic Watercolor paper is a very nice looking white watercolor paper.
- It is affordable and it is great to create inked backgrounds or for mixed media.
- It is very nice to create card bases like the one in the picture below.
- It is also nice for die cut words and it is also great for stamping sentiments on or solid bold images.
However, this paper seems to be more alike to mixed media quality paper as it doesn’t hold the watercolors washes as you would expect and the paint always bleed over the stamped lines or beyond.
Mama I love you so very much
For this card, I inlaid the die-cut word “Mama” over the stamped composition.
- I first stamped the images on Arches Cold Press watercolour paper using Versafine Black Onix ink and I also did a little bit of masking.
- I applied colour using Schmincke watercolour paints.
- I also die cut the large word out of kraft cardstock and put aside.
- Then, I die cut the watercolour panel using the large Mama die.
- Using double-sided tape I adhered the watercolor panel over a piece of kraft cardstock.
- I then inlaid the Outline of the word MAMA I die cut out of kraft cardstock and I glued the letters I die cut our of the watercolour panel.
- I sued aCraft Perfect A2 Card Blank. These are really premium quality card bases and envelopes.
also used a pre-printed sentiment: ” I love you so very much” from Sentiments Stripes Reverse Love.
Hold Fast in this storm mama, you are strong
I also wanted to do something totally different.
You can see more of “Your Light Stamp set” in the video here!
Hard to see in pictures but defo my latest great discoveries. I also used “Peacock Plume” Nuvo Sparkle Spray on Tonic Watercolor paper.
This new color of Nuvo Sparkle spray is part of the next new Nuvo trend called White Wonderland (available from June).
I listed below some sparkle sprays available on the Simon Says Stamps that could be interesting for you.
You can place the spray far away from the paper to create speckles or close to the paper to totally cover its surface to create the most spectacular metallic texture.
Once you apply the spray you can seal it using Gesso or Distress Glaze.
It is simply beautiful for die-cut words. I’ll get a video done on this as soon as I get more colors.
The next in the hop is Gayatri Murali >>>
Bibi Cameron You are here!!
ADDITIONAL INSPIRATION using previously released Simon branded products.
- Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section.
- Winners will be chosen s over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 29th of April.
That’s all for today. I hope I could inspire you to create using beautiful Simon Says Stamp supplies.
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support!