Hi crafty friends, here is another wreath card idea for you using an owl, oak leaves, and acorns dies by Simon Says Stamp (listed below).
This card design can be used for any occasion and can be made in any colour.
I couldn’t resist adding a super sweet sentiment: “Wishing I Could Take Your Pain Away” made
using the “Snowflake Wishes stamp and die set” designed by me in collab with Spellbinders.
So many times I have been needing to say this and for many different reasons…
Wishing I Could Take Your Pain Away Card
This is a top-fold C6 card. It measures 5-1/2″ x 4- 1/4″
- Layered Owl die set
- Etched Oak Leaves die set
- Acorn trio die set
- Fanfare Leaf And Background Dies set ( Gold leaves)
- Wooden Planks embossing folder ( embossed background)
- Snowflake Wishes Clear Stamp and Die Set ( die cut and stamped sentiment)
- Everlasting Circles Etched Dies ( circle used to build the wreath)
- Ruby Crystalline Diamonds ( embellishments)
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze ( to add glossy accents to the owl eyes and the acorns)
This was a very simple cardmaking process.
- First, I cut all the die-cuts out of Neena 80lb cardstock.
- Then, I used Pawsitively Saturated inks to add colour to the die cuts.
I like to use brown or darker shades at the edges of the die-cuts. When the inks dry the colours look more even so you don’t need to worry about blending perfection at all.
***The size of the brushes used is also according to the size of the die-cuts or the details I want to add. I like to use Simon Says Stamp blending brushes. They do a very good work.
- For the background, I embossed a white piece of Neenah 110lb using the Wooden Planks Embossing Folder.
Ink Colors Used:
- Owl: Charcoal, Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha
- Leaves: Sage, Agean, Mocha
- Acrons: Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha
- All the images were splattered using gold paint from the Kuretake Starry Colours Watercolor Set and white acrylic paint.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Thirsty for more?
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.