Hi there, Picket Fence Studios invite me to share ideas using supplies from their December 2021 Release and I made a couple of Birthday cards to show you the new goodies.
In this post I’m featuring:
- Slimline Happy Birthday Word Topper Die.
- More Word Topper Subtitles stamp set
- The Slimline Stencil Lots of Blossoms
- Lots of Blossom Stencil ( 6x6inches stencil)
Slimline Topper Dies
These dies will partially die-cut sentiments on a solid piece that you can use as a topper on your cards… hence their name.
Love these very versatile die sets that also coordinate with More Word Topper Subtitles stamp set .
I decided to use both stencils to make 2 different card sizes.
This card measures 3-3/4″ x 8-3/4″ inches.
I glued the die-cuts slightly off-set so that you can see the different cardstock colours.
I love the small unicorns.. they were so easy to make and they were the perfect finishing touch for these cards.
I added sparkle using an empty Nuvo Brush re-filled with Spellbinders Sparkle Silk.
This card measure 5-1/4″ x4-1/4″ inches.
Then, I trimmed it to the size and I backed it up using Matte Gold cardstock.
For a softer look, I didn’t add the black die-cut sentiment and neither the stamping.
To make it, I die-cut a sentiment out of white cardstock.
The Cardmaking Process
- I always use the Spellbinders PLATINUM 6 Die Cutting Machine to cut all the pieces for my cards first.
- So I used the Slimline HAPPY BIRTHDAY Word Topper Die to die-cut the sentiment out of white, black and SSS Matte Gold cardstock.
- Then, I die-cut frames from both cards using dies from Fluted Classic Slimline die set and Fluted Classic Rectangles.
- Next, I trimmed a couple of panels out of white cardstock and I stencilled the images from Lots of Blossoms Slimline Stencil and Lots of Blossom Stencil ( 6x6inches stencil) using SSS blending Brushes and Distress Inks.
- To add colours, I used Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, and Kitsh Falmingo.
- I also decided to apply Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste over the stencilled image using a Pallet Knife.
I really love the look and feel of the paste!!
- To finish, I used my Guillotine and a Scoring Board to make the card bases.
- I embellished using Picket Fence Tangerine and Sunlight Yellow gradient Flatback Pearls.
- Using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive I glued everything.
Picket Fence embellishments are stunning, I highly recommend them!
flatback Pearls and Diamons
That’s all for today.
I hope you enjoy this post.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.