Hi there, today I want to share one of my heat embossing experiments. Rather simple I have called it Heat Emboss Distress Oxide Glitter Effect.
Heat Emboss Distress Oxide Glitter Effect
To apply this technique you are going to need
- A Stamping Platform
- Any Distress Oxide Ink colour.
- A clear ink pad.
- Any of the translucent sparkling embossing powders by WOW
- An anti-static pouch or tool to make sure the powder will only stick to the ink.
- Note: I have been told that Wow embossing powders are antistatic but anyways I like to use the antistatic powder too.
- First, apply anti-static powder on a piece of smooth white cardstock.
- Using the Misti ( stamping platform), stamp the image using Oxide Distress Inks
- Leave the paper on the platform while you clean the stamp.
- Allow the ink to dry a little bit and stamp overusing Versamark ink ( Clear)
- For better results do some multi stamping.
- Apply the embossing powders over.
- Heat Set.
HEAT EMBOSSING SPARKLING BACKGROUNDS
The card Making Process
This technique works best when using bold stamps. It is ideal to create a whole background and to apply it when using floral or leafy bold images.
- For today, I used Botanical Split Background Stamp by Simon Says Stamp to create the sparkling background.
- I also used Distress Oxide Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
- The embossing powders used are Earl Grey and Minty from Pick Me Up WOW Embossing powder trio.
- The cute images are from the Bunny Blessings stamp set. Stamped on watercolor paper and colored using Zigs.
- After fussy cut them, I simply glued them over the heat embossed panel.
- To complete this card, I also added a backing panel I die-cut using Chunky Scalloped rectangles die set.
- I stamped the sentiment on smooth cardstock using Memento Black ink and cut a banner.
- To finish I also added sparkle silk over the image to add more shimmer.
It is just amazing how we can totally transform the appearance of stamped images and inks by applying the Heat Emboss Distress Oxide Glitter Effect. I hope you can give it a try!
I’ll be sharing more samples soon…
That’s all for today.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.