Hello crafty friends, today I’m sharing a little bit about my craft room and my new Dreambox and Discount codes available for you.
When using my codes at the checkout, you will get all the discounts available automatically. This post is updated every time there is a sale with new codes for you.
Dreambox Discount Codes
1. Save all year round with the code BIBI
2. Black Friday 2023
From November 17 until November 27
Use the CODE BIBIBF23 to automatically save up to $400 of the Dreambox and to automatically add any other additional discount available on the store during this Black Friday sale.
LINKS TO SHOP:
This is the ultimate storage solution for crafty people and in the video below, I’m sharing the reasons why I needed one.
Dreambox Worth The Investment
I spent over £3K on the wrong furniture for my craft room over a course of 2 years. It is hard to admit it but it is what it is…
My main storage solution is she-shed / Log Cabin.
I first used a bedroom to craft but after 8 years of crafting my stash grew and so did my family.
When we moved into a new home, I was left with no room for my craft supplies. For that reason, we decided to build a log cabin at the bottom of our small garden to be used as a craft room.
This has been an adventure and it has involved loads of DIY!
She Shed Log Cabin Craft Room Info
- This Log Cabin model is called Barbados 2 by “Lasita Maja” (German). It was the most affordable quality building I could get in the area ( 2021 price is around £6,000)
- Its size is about 6 x 3.30 x 2.30 meters.
- The logs are 4.4 cm thick.
- It requires a concrete base prior to installation, and it is good to add gravel edging to avoid water splashes that can damage the wood over time.
- Roof Covering is additional to the cost of the cabin.
- You can add flooring and insulation if you wish. I installed the laminate myself – no insulation has been added.
- To paint it, I used Smoke Grey (919) Sadolin paint for the exterior and white Sadolin paint for the interior.
- It took me over a week to paint the cabin myself.
- 10 litres of paint were required for the exterior and 10 for the interior (5 litters cost around £75 – £80)
- To heat up the cabin, I use an inexpensive electric heater that keeps it very warm in winter (downside- expensive to run)
Inside the Cabin
Here is a picture inside my cabin just before having the Dreambox.
You can see my craft room set up something I have changed several times through the years.
I used kitchen cabinets ( £500) to store my papercraft supplies for 2 years.
The model of these cabinets is called Dakota White and I also needed to buy the worktops (£100).
This setup didn’t look that bad.. it was very cosy!
Now let me show you “the ugly truth”…
BEFORE – I used IKEA AND Kitchen Cabinets
- It was easy to throw things inside the cabinets and as they were deep and wide there was nothing to contain my supplies…
- However, when closing the doors nobody could see the mess.!
- The worktops were the first place used to keep things at hand.
- If I stored them in the cabinets I could easily forget I have them.
So let’s face it, the most worktops I had , the more mess I had over them. The worse part of crafting is having to clean after each session.
So although my craft room didn’t look messy… It was an illusion. You can also see that in my video here.
Of course, you won’t spot the mess… It was on the floor or inside the cabinets.
Kitchen cabinets were not my first attempt to get organized… IKEA was.
The nearest Ikea store is located 190 miles away from my house.
I went twice and spent money on petrol (£80), 16-hour traveling, plus £1200 on different tables, units (Kallax, Hemnes, files organizers), storage containers, you name it, etc.
CONCLUSION: Ikea furniture kept my supplies contained in the same way the kitchen cabinets do BUT none didn’t really allow me to organize them or to have them ar reach.
AFter – DREAMBOX
After several years of trying to get myself organized, I finally got there!
I decided to give the DREAMBOX a try and although you might think it is pricey if you think twice… You soon will come to realize that she is not.
All you see in the picture is included for a value of about £2.5K if you get it during a sale it will be a lot less.
I could fit 90% of my papercraft supplies in the Dreambox after decluttering. After I got it, I have never need to look for an extra container.
Now, I’m only keeping my newest supplies or those that I’m using very often.
Having piles of supplies gathering dust made me feel anxious and the mess made me feel overwhelmed. Decluttering was a very good thing to do.
You can easily place items back on the Dreambox, fully close it after each crafty session, or leave it open as I do.
No other storage solution allows you to do that.
The Dreambox invited me to be more effective and organized.
She became a home for my papercraft supplies. I can see all the items beautifully displayed so I know exactly what I have and it helps me to keep everything tidy, always in the same place.
Watch The Dreambox In Action
Dreambox What to Expect
My Dreambox arrived within 7 weeks directly from the USA.
No pre-assembled option was available and I didn’t need it.
I spent 6 hours building it. I found the process a lot easier than I thought.
My husband dislikes DIY so he only helped on a few occasions to lift heavy parts.
It took me 2 days to fit the shelves and everything inside it.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.
You will find clear instructions to assemble the Dreambox and all the parts are labeled for easy assembling.
Read them with care and take your time to get things right.
To bear in mind
- I assembled my Dreambox from scratch without any help.
- Now there is a pre-assembled option for a fee of $499 USD ( this fee might change) in that case you will receive a huge box with pieces pre-assembled.
- You can fully customize your Dreambox and the price vary depending on what you chose.
- You can visit Create Room USA, Create Room Europe, Create Room Canada and put items in the basket to check prices according to your choice.
DREAMBOX what to get and prices
First, let me tell you that the prices of the Dreambox change according to current promos.
****Prices below are up-to-date ( January 14th, 2021).
This Dreambox design is called Ergo ( RPP $2299). This is the very basic Dreambox design and from there you can start upgrading.
- You can beautify the exterior of your Dreambox for $200 up to $600 extra.
- The Dreambox includes 40 totes you can upgrade to 80 totes..
- I got 80 totes as this also includes the shelving ( more storage for about $300).
- Other additional features are the drawers ( $99) and the crown ( $300).
- If you require side tables you could also consider adding those. I didn’t get those.
- Financing options available from $52 /Month. You could pay for your order over 6, 12, 24 or 36 months as competitive interest rates as low as 0% APR** ( According to the Create Room Website)
I feel joy just looking at her! Everyone who has seen it says WOW!!
THE DREAM BOX HAS ROOM FOR EVERYTHING
From having supplies in boxes to having them nicely displayed right in front of my eyes.
There are shelves, compartments, hooks and rods in the doors
The Dreambox also includes 3 different totes SIZE (containers)
You can fit the shelves to fit different totes sizes and according to your needs.
Below are some samples of the classic totes but please bear in mind that in 2021 Create Room is offering an updated design of the totes which is a lot better… check them out here.
Small InView Totes
Medium size InView Totes
Large InView Totes
I’m confident that I can recommend the Dreambox 100%.
That’s all for today
I hope you can find ideas in this post you also have been struggling to get organized or if you are thinking of building a craft room in a log cabin in the garden.