RUSTIC SNOWFLAKES ACCENTS FOR CARDS
So the first idea is to create rustic and organic looking accents for your projects using Distress Sprays.
There is a variety of Distress Spray colours available. Any of them will quickly transform a dull piece of cardstock into a beautiful background or a die-cut into a perfect accent.
I know that Rusty Hinge and Crackled Campfire aren’t the traditional colours for snowflakes but I wanted to go a little bit out of the box and to use the snowflakes die-cuts on a very simple layered composition where they look more like a branch or a flower.
So here is the second idea to repurpose your die-cuts.
REPURPOSE SNOWFLAKES DIE-CUTS
So here is a picture of all the die sets used to create the projects in this post.
- Marie Snowflake was used as accents that look like branches or flowers.
- Detailed Medallion coincidentally coordinates perfectly with Marie Snowflake and can be used as background for the snowflake or as a back layer for any image that suits its size.
- Snowflake Borders creates a beautiful intricate border. I used part of the border die-cut as an accent for the card and tag toppers.
- Love Birds can be used in different ways. You can use the silhouette alone or apply a simple technique to keep the negative die cuts attached to the silhouette and then apply colours using different mediums.
LOVE BIRDS DIE-CUTS
- For the Love Birds image in this post. I run the die set through the machine and carefully removed the die from the paper leaving all the little pieces in place.
- Then, I added tape in the back of the whole piece making sure no die-cut could fall apart.
- I applied mindless coloring to the die-cuts using Copics. (This means I did it without thinking)
- Next, I glued a “Love Birds” white die-cut silhouette over to cover the raw colored edges.
- To finish, I applied a shimmer pen over the colored areas.
LOVE BIRDS XMAS CARD
The message is from Sentiments Strips Slimline Christmas that can be used also on a C6 card like this one.
LOVE BIRDS TAG
As a bonus project, I also made a tag. For this project, I used Distress Inks and Detail Blending Tools to add colour to the Love Birds die-cut.
I also used the large Tag die from Nested tags Die set to cut the tag.
That’s all for today
Thanks for stopping by
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.