Christmas Kitties stamp set offers the most beautiful sentiments for this season and some of them seem to be just right during Covid-19.
On the other hand, Prismatic Snowflakes stamp set is just a must-have for winter crafts offering 11 different snowflakes designs and suitable for a wide variety of crafty projects.
I also used Marie Snowflake wafer die to cut a couple of snowflakes that added more of the Christmas spirit to these boxes that hides a pop-up element that can be a secret message or an image.
POP UP GIFT BOX
Making this pop-up gift box couldn’t be any easier.
You can use this idea to make similar projects in any size.
- First, I stamped the images from Christmas Kitties stamp set using memento black ink on Neenah 80 Lb cardstock.
- I applied colours using Ciao Copic markers.
- Then, I fussy cut the images using scissors.
- For the banners and messages, I also heat embossed a couple of sentiments on red and black cardstock using Versamark Clear Ink and white ultra fine embossing powder.
MAKING THE BOX
The boxes in this post measures 4″ x 2-5/8″ inches ( 10.3cm x 6.5cm) and I made them using a 12 x 12 Scoring Board.
For each box, I used 2 pieces of 240 grams cardstock.
For the box base
- I used a 4-1/2″ x 6″ inches piece of white cardstock score at 1″ inch around the edges.
- Using red ink I stamped the snowflakes from Prismatic Snowflakes stamp set over the piece.
- Then, I cut the corners to create the box flaps.
- Next, I glued the corners to assemble the box.
For the box lid or slevee
- I used a 4-1/8″ x 8-1/4″ piece of red cardstock.
- On the longer side of the pice, I scored at 1″, 3-5/8″, 4-5/8″, 7-1/4″ inches
- Then, I stamped the snowflakes from Prismatic Snowflakes stamp set using red ink.
- I folded and glued the ends together to make the box sleeve or sliding lid.
- To finish, I adhere the toppers and I glued inside the box a narrow piece of heavyweight acetate on which I adhered the pop-up element ( also using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive).
The flexible acetate vends but do not keep the shape so it will pop-up all the time when opening the box.
It is easy peasy and super sweet.
That’s all for today
I hope you enjoyed this Pop-Up Gift Box project.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.