Although the possibilities are endless, I only used one of the 6 main characters in the stamp set. Can you imagine all the stapaing options you might have with this set?
I love it!
I also was crazy to use Horizon Slimline Borders die set in the picture below so I paired all these darling supplies to create the slimline card in this post.
HORIZON SLIMLINE BORDERS
Horizon Slimline Borders die set is an incredibly beautiful and versatile die set.
It will allow you to create different scenes no only for slimline cards but for any size card.
You can also create a mask for cards for any occasion with them.
- All the dies in this set measure 8- 1/2″ inches wide ( this is the width of an American A4 sheet of paper).
- The fence is 1- 1/4″ inches tall.
REINDEER XMAS SCENE CARD
STAMPING AND COLOURING
I first stamped the reindeers from Woodland Winter Animals stamp set over watercolour paper.
Then, I added colour using Zigs and I die-cut them using coordinating Woodland Winters die set .
- For the Background, I die cut the background panel using Heffy Doodle Stitched Slimline Trio.
- Then, I die cut a mask to create the moon using a large circle die.
- I applied Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink over the center of the panel, and I cover that area with the circle mask.
- Next, I applied Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, and Dusty Concord Distress inks over the whole panel.
- To darken the colour, I applied Black Sooth over the panel edges.
- I removed the circle mask and I made another mask by tearing the edge of a piece of paper.
- Using the rough and uneven edge of the paper, I applied Tumbled Glass ink at the top of the moon and Picked Raspberry ink over the bottom part.
- This added texture and interest to the background.
- I spray the paper with water and I also splattered it with white acrylic paint diluted in water and Perfect Pearls Confetti White.
fences AND GRASS
- You can use a standard die-cutting machine but I used a large-format die-cutting machine to die cut the fences from Horizon Slimline Borders die set out of watercolor paper.
- Then, I applied a heavy coat of Black Sooth Distress ink all over and I sprayed the fences using Cracking Campfire Distress Stain and Rusty Hinge Oxide Distress Stain to add a rustic look and feel.
- Next, I simply adhered the fence to the background panel using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
- I die-cut the grass border using another die from Horizon Slimline Borders die set and I applied colour using Rustic Wilderness Distress ink.
- I also heat embossed a sentiment from the Country Wreath stamp set and I die-cut it using a coordinating die set.
- To finish, I foam mounted the grass border, the sentiment, and the reindeers over the panel. I embellished using a couple of jingle bells and sequins and I added sparkle using a shimmer pen.
That’s all for today
I hope you enjoyed this post
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.