Hi there, I was invited to join the Spellbinders blog to share ideas using the new Christmas Foiled Basics by Yana Samakula and I made 7 hot foiled Christmas projects.
I tried my best to make different papercraft projects to feature the 6 new plates in this collection.
Christmas Foiled Basics by Yana Samakula
- Winter Village
- Christmas Foliage Background
- Yana’s Christmas Sentiments
- Gift Border
- Christmas Foliage Circle Border
- Christmas Organic Foliage
To use any of these glimmers sets you will need :
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- The Spellbinders die-cutting machine
- Any Spellbinders hot foil colour.
- Cardstock ( 240 to 300 grams for great results)
foiled sentiments for cards
For all the projects below, I used foiled sentiments made using “Yana’s Christmas Sentiments“.
This glimmer set included 22 plates and 5 coordinating dies.
Easy foiled Christmas Cards
I started by making very simple and basic cards using “Glimmer Winter Village“.
I totally love these plates, they are so easy to use and you can use them on different projects.
You can combine these beautiful foiled images with any of the “Yana’s Christmas Sentiments” to make clean, simple, and elegant foiled Christmas cards.
Glimmer Foiled Tags
Glimmer Foiled Mini Box
I couldn’t resist and I also apply hoy foil to this small gift box .
I made it using one of the latest Tonic’s Designer Choice sadly discontinued but I hope this can provide you with ideas to start foiling your 3D die-cut projects.
If you love 3D, the Spellbinders Glimmer System is also for you.
I also wanted to share a couple of ideas featuring “Christmas Foliage Background” and “Christmas Organic Foliage”.
Christmas Organic Foliage Glimmer Plates
- For this card, I simply foiled white and dark green cardstock using Christmas Foliage Circle Border.
- I die-cut some extra foiled pieces using coordinating dies included in Organic Foliage Glimmer Set.
- Then, I just made a super simple arrangement over patterned paper and I added mirror cardstock accents and fashion gold embellishments.
- I glued this over a white panel and then I glue the topper on a red card base.
Christmas Foliage Background Glimmer Plate
Christmas Foliage Background will allow you to easily foil a whole panel of a card, a box, or a tag.
I made 2 super simple cards to share extra ideas with you.
Santa Claus Foiled Card
- I simply foiled white smooth cardstock using Christmas Foliage Background and Magenta Hot Foil and I used a heart die to cut the aperture in the center.
- To make the Santa, I used Santa’s Helpers a large die that will allow you to create different characters for your Christmas Cards. Watch this die set in action here.
- The sentiment was made using a glimmer plate and coordinating die from Yana’s Christmas Sentiments.
foiled Shaker Card
I also wanted to foil coloured cardstock using Christmas Foliage Background and I also add a shaker as a focal point.
- For this card, I used polish brass hot foil on a dark green piece of cardstock.
- I die cut a circle on the center of the panel and I added a shaker.
- Behind the shaker, I added a piece of cardstock that I previously foiled using ” Glimmer Winter Village” so that you can see the little houses in the background.
- I added a couple of leaves made using “Christmas Organic Foliage“.
That’s all for today.
I hope you like these ideas.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.