welcome to my blog and to Simon Says Stamp Let’s Connect Blog Hop Day one.
I also used Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink to do all the stamping for these projects.
butterfly die cut projects
detailed meadow butterfly
This is a beautiful 2 pieces die set hat will allow you to create a 3″x2″ inches butterfly.
This butterfly will fit perfectly on the front panel of a USA C6/ UK A6 card.
- To make all the butterflies for my projects today, I simply die cut various butterflies out of ultra-white and smooth 300grams cardstock and others from vellum.
- I glued the butterflies made out of vellum behind the white butterflies or vice versa.
- Using a “vellum butterfly” as an extra backing layer for these butterflies makes a huge difference in the look and feel of the final project.
- For the body of the butterflies, I used Harvest Gold Mirror Card.
butterfly die cut gift Bag idea
I love to make 3D projects from scratch. No dies were required to make this bag and this is an easy and quick project.
This bag measures 4-1/8″ x 3-1/2″ inches . You can make it in any size.
You can use it as a card holder or as goody/gift bag.
mini gift tote bag
- Trim an 8″ x 8″ inches piece of white cardstock.
- Score at 2” inches on two opposite sides panels.
- Rotate the paper and score at 3-1/2″ inches on the other two sides.
- Fold, trim and affix the side flaps in place.
- I also add to the gift bag a tiny little tag that stamped using one of the sentiments from the new Love Tokens stamp set.
- For the bag handles you will need two pieces of textured Cardstock 240 grams that measure 3/4″ x 8-1/4″ inches.
- The best cardstock you can use to do this is this one here as it is extremely pliable.
- Now you need to fold these pieces in half but avoid folding the ends.
- Use a bond folder to break the fibers of the paper and to give a curve shape to the handles.
- Use double-sided tape on the inner folding of the handle to give it a nice finish.
- Decorate the ends of the handles. I create mini bands that are hugging the end of the bag handles and I embellish with a gold dot.
The mini card measure 4×4 inches.
easy butterfly card
Using a dimensional, I adhere a butterfly over the heart.
This butterfly also have a backing layer in vellum as all the butterflies in this post.
I’ m loving the detail on this fantastic butterfly die and the stamped texture of Reverse Crackle Background!!
Suppler clean and simple these cards feature layered butterflies as the main focus on the front panel.
The vellum butterflies can be used on the front with colours cardstock at the back or viceversa.
I like to affix little sentiments from the butterflies wings.
You can also die cut a window to add extra details to the cards or just adhere the butterflies over the panel using dimensionals or liquid glue.
Remember you can do this in any colour but I was crazy to make this in minty colours with gold accents.
The next in the hop is Barb Engler.
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Jennifer McGuire
- Cathy Zielske
- Nina-Marie Trapani
- Nichol Spohr
- Yana Smakula
- Amy Rysavy
- Lisa Addesa
- Heather Ruwe
- Kathy Racoosin
- Suzy Plantamura
- Sidnie Des Jardins
- Bibi Cameron You are here!!!!!!!
- Barb Engler
- Cheiron Brandon
- Lea Lawson
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the comments section.
Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 12th of August.
That’s all for today. Thanks for stopping by
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support