Hi there, when I first saw Rainbow Heart die by Simon Says Stamp I dreamed of golden hearts and rainbows!
So I mixed up ideas to share inspiration with you today also using “Oh Hello There wafer die” and beautiful gold cardstock.
***The cards in the picture above are C6 American standard size and the mini card measure 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2 inches.
Rainbow heart die
- The Rainbow Heart die will cut a 3-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ inches heart shape.
- It fit perfectly in the front panel of a C6 card ( 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ inches).
- This beautiful die, cut in one go eight individual pieces.
- These pieces can be easily glued over a piece of cardstock to create a gorgeous heart shape with an inlaid rainbow.
- This die will create beautiful toppers for cards, tags, boxes, gift bags memory albums, and much more.
gold Rainbow heart die cut cards
To make these cards, I first cut the sentiment and four (4) hearts out of the different gold cardstock types. I also die cut three (3) hearts out of white cardstock.
- After running the paper with the die through the die cutting machine, you will find that the paper might stay in the die.
- This made a lot easy to handle the die cuts as all you have to do is to use a piece of washi tape and stick it to the back of the die cuts while they are still on the die.
- Then, you need to carefully remove the die cuts from the die. ( Make sure they remain attached to the washi tape.)
- Do not remove the washi tape as this will keep the structure of the shape.
In these particular case, I started assembling the hearts as follow:
- I grabbed the white heart die cut first, remember this has washi tape at the back.
- Next, I applied liquid glue behind the top die cut only.
- Then, I placed the whole heart over a piece of cardstock but only the top die cut got adhered to that piece.
- Then, I was able to remove single die cuts from each heart to assemble the multicoloured hearts with easy.
- I used liquid glue to adhere one by one on the background piece.
- All the sentiments were made stacking 3 die cuts.
- It is barely noticeable but I foam mounted the heart on the card with the embossed panel and the mini card so they have a little bit of dimension.
- For the card with the plain background, I glued the heart directly onto the background panel.
You can use any cardstock colour!
Gold Cardstock 6×6 paper pad
I totally adore the different types of Craft Perfect paper and in this little paper pad you will have the change to try some of them.
- This is a 6×6 inches paper pad that includes 4 different types of gold cardstock: mirror, pearlescent, glitter, and embossed.
They are all great to create die-cut elements for any papercraft project.
***I also listed below other Craft Perfect paper pads available at the Simon Says Stamp Shop. They are awesome!
thirsty for more cardmaking ideas?
Thats all for today.
I hope you enjoy this post, the beautiful rainbow heart and the shine of the golden cardstock.
Affiliate Links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.