Hi there, Big and Bold Ruby Slippers Stamp Set by Colorado Craft Company has been released today and it is fantastic.
This stamp set allowed me to try different things such as:
- Stamping on glitter?
- Apply Crystal Glaze over a large surface and don’t die in the intent!
watch 1-minute video
It’s all about the shoes
- First, I stamped the image using Black Memento ink on Neenah Solar Crest 80lb.
- Next, I masked the image and I applied Sauna Ink ( Yellow) by Catherine Pooler on the background.
- Then, I sprayed the paper with water.
- I removed the mask and I applied colour using Ciao Copic markers and Nuvo alcohol markers.
- I wanted the shoes to be glossy so I applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze.
- As I didn’t want the glaze to go over the stamped lines, I did this carefully.
- Using a narrow piece of cardstock, I removed any glaze that was going out the edges.
- I allowed the glaze to dry overnight.
This card measures 6″ x 4-1/2″ inches.
- I also wanted to add the image of the ” magic wand” somehow to this card, so I stamped it, fussy cut it, and cut the stick apart from the star.
- The wand was stuck directly to the front panel, and I stuck the star using dimensional pads.
- To add accents, I use a yellow glitter marker and I applied glue and then glitter on the star.
- The glitter fell over the shoes and it got stuck on the glaze! This was a happy accident tho.
Stamping Ruby Slippers on glitter
Ok this was an adventure!
- I used a small piece of a double-sided adhesive sheet to cover a piece of cardstock
- Then, I removed the backing of the adhesive and sprinkled microfine red glitter over.
- Using the stamping platform, I stamped the shoes over and over until I could see them.
- As the stamped image wasn’t sharp enough, I applied antistatic powder over it and I stamped it extra times using Versamark clear ink.
- Next, I applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed.
- While the embossing powder was heating up, I was aware that the heat could damage the adhesive sheet so I was very careful about the amount of heat applied.
- To finish I fussy cut the shoes and added Nuvo Glaze over the shoe bow.
- First, I stamped the image using Memento black ink on Tonic studios 300 grams cardstock.
- I added colour using alcohol markers.
- Then, I masked the images and then I did some ink blending using Sauna and Daydream inks by Catherine Pooler.
- To add interest I also used a couple of stencils over ( cloud and radiant).
- I removed the mask and using Simon Says Stamp black ink and the stamping platform, I stamped the large sentiment.
- To finish, foam mounted the red shoes on the panel and I glued the panel on a 6″ x 5″ inches card base.
ink blending panels
Last but not least, I also want to invite you to enjoy ink blending with Catherine Pooler inks
I used Pink & Main Ergonomic brushes to do this and I really enjoyed it.
That’s all for today I hope you enjoy this post.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.