Hello everyone, I got busy with some stamps from the Big and Bold stamp Collection by Colorado Craft Company.
They are “truly bold” so before sharing this card I was exploring stamping possibilities and also colouring mediums to go with them.
For today I used Big and Bold Daisy & Dahlia by Colorado Craft Company.
- To stamp the image I used Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink.
- I used smooth 240 cardstock.
- I applied colour using Nuvo Alcohol Markers and Arteza Coloured Pencils.
- To add accents, I used a Yellow Nuvo Glitter Marker and a white Posca Marker.
- For crispier images, I recommend using a Stamping Platform with any Big and Bold stamps.
- To stamp the 6×6 inches envelope. I used Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink.
- For the sentiment, I used ” Thanks a Bunch” stamp set and die set by Honey Bee Stamps and I heat embossed in white over black smooth cardstock.
- I added twine and Fashion Gold Embellishments
- The card base cardstock is called Marine Blue Smooth 240gsm sold by a British company called Papermill Direct.. it is a stunning cardstock colour!!
** Find supplies list at the bottom of this post.
- I arrived at the conclusion that grey or light brown waterbased inks really suit these images.
- The inks need to be juicy to be able to transfer all the image’s details to the cardstock.
- Believe it or not, although Distress inks aren’t the best for stamping they were my fav to work with these stamps. I used a stamping platform to stamp 3 – 4 times to achieve a crisp image.
- The stamps will perform better on smooth cardstock.
- To stamp the bold images on textured watercolour paper you might need to stamp several times using the stamping platform (it took me up o 12 times on Arteza Watercolour paper, 8 times on Arches Watercolour paper).
That’s all for today
I hope you like these ideas
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support!
- ENJOY 10% Off atthe Arteza Shops (USA – the UK) below
- Use the Code BIBICAMERON4 (valid until June 20 -2020)