Hello everyone, I’m thrilled to be able to share a new Tonic release with you.
This is the third edition of Designer Choice -Die of the Month a 22 pieces die set designed to create triangular, square or pentagonal boxes with a latch-on lid.
As always I have some ideas and inspiration…I hope you like them!
Find Tonic’s Designer choice
Use code DIE5 or DIEFIVE on both UK and US websites to get £5/$5 OFF on the kit!
Love Bird Box
Depending on the box design we want to do we will need 3 ( triangular), 4 (square) or 5 (pentagonal) side panels.
You can use decorative dies included in the set to die cut the side panels in many different ways or to layer elements on top.
Let’s Make the Box Body
- I cut 4 panels to make a square box and only die cut the front of my box using two of the decorative dies in the set.
- Fold the scoring lines created by the dies and burnish them using a bond folder.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the pieces together as shown in the 2nd, 3rd pictures above.
- TIP: scoring the box flaps first will give you a guide of where to glue the pieces.
- Die-cut the bottom of the box using the square die in the set.
- Glue the square piece aligned with the box bottom flaps (see 4th picture above).
- Using the same square die in the set, you can cut solid pieces to add behind the die-cut side panels of the box.
Let’s make the Box Lid
- To create the lid of the box you need to use the dies shown in the first picture above.
- For the lid, I die cut all the side panels using one of the two decorative dies included in the set. So There you have four side panels (in white) and backing panels ( in apricot orange).
- Burnish the scoring lines and glue as shown in the 2nd and 3rd pictures above.
- Using the little dies shown in the 4th picture cut the lid topper and glue it in place
Voila, you are done!
This is a 5×5 inches card.
I simply die cut the card topper using one of the heart decorative dies in the set and embellish using the small floral dies.
This is a 6 x6 inches card. This time I die cut the card background using small decorative dies.
I shaped the floral die cuts and glue them on the aperture to add dimension.
To make the heart topper I used heart dies included in the set as well.
I also made a tag just to show you that you can always make projects in any size and you don’t need to spend hours in the making.
That’s all for today. I hope you like these projects and ideas.
If you ever want to share your work with me please tag me on Instagram (#bibicameron).
I’ll be thrilled to see your makes.
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in this post I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support and Happy crafting!