Hi everyone, I’m loving this kit so much that I made another project to share extra ideas with you using the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil kit of the Month – June 2019.
Check my previous blog post using this kit here.
I also made a 4-minutes video gathering all the projects I made using the kit just to show you the products in action.
So while trying different card designs, I also tried different layouts using different glimmer hot plates included in the kit and I also wanted to share ideas using different colours.
Although these cards were very hard to photograph I did my best to show you the hot foil shine and delicate detail produced by the Glimmer Hot Plates included in the kit.
How I do it
- I turned on my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- I allowed the machine to heat up. This takes 3 – 5 minutes.
- I place the plates on the platform facing up
- Next, I placed the hot fol with the shiny side facing down or facing the glimmer plate
- I place the piece of paper I wanted to foil and I added a piece of paper on top to add pressure
- I placed the Glimmer foil shim and spacer pads and I pressed the timer button.
- Once the green light stops flashing the machine is ready to go. I found that if I allow 30 secs 1 minute after the light stop flashing I get perfect foiled images.
- I then run the glimmer hot foil system platform on the Platinum die cutting machine.
I die cut the foiled images using coordinating dies and I used Faber Castel Polychomos to add colour to the foiled images.
To embellish, I used Nuvo drops.
Here is a visual of the glimmer hot plates and dies included in the kit. a total of 12 pieces ( 6 glimmer plates and 6 coordinating dies)
|Spellbinders offer a 10% Off the purchase of the Glimmer Hot Foil System when joining the Glimmer Ht Foil Kit of the month *You may add the system at the time of subscription.|
That’s all for today and Happy crafting!
Any questions? please ask. 🙂
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.