It is me again today!!! This time I’m sharing a card using the new Time Of My Life stamp set by Anita Jeram released today by Colorado Craft Company.
The image is soooo adorable!
Time of My Life
I know what you are thinking as I also thought about it. This is a scene from the Dirty Dance movie and for sure the image brought you good memories.
We all were younger when the movie was launched!! I used to dream to become a dancer lol but instead, I studied Journalism.
Anyways… This 6×4 stamp set includes an absolutely adorable illustration with a cat lifting another cat over its head .
It also includes 7 sentiments that you can mix and match but I decided to use a sentiment from the Better Together stamp set that is one of my all-time favourites by Anita.
The image will fit n the front of a C6 card ( 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ inches) but I decided to make a slimline card.
This card measures 4″ x 8 inches”
- To make it, I first stamped the images using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on Strathmore watercolour paper which is an affordable and very nice paper to use with water-based markers.
- Then I applied colour using Zigs and to blend the colour I used a Nuvo Water Brush.
- Once the ink was dried, I used a solid heart mask to cover the area behind the cats and I applied blue, purple and black Distress inks.
- I sprayed with water to create white speckles.
- Again, I allowed the inks to dry and then I used another heart mask with a heart-shaped negative space so that I could add yellow inks to the heart.
- Next, I applied black ink around the edges of the panel.
- To add sparkle I applied the gold glitter ger included in the SSS Glitz Glitter Gels here.
- The SSS Glitz Glitter Gels take about 30 minutes to fully dry but I allowed the panel to dry for 1 hour.
- Then, I used markers to correct any colouring issues caused by the stencils as I didn’t mask the images.
- I stamped the sentiments and glued the panel into a card base.
Thirsty for More?
If you haven’t seen my tutorial here I would love to invite you to watch it to see how I add colour to Anita Jeram’s images…
Affiliate Links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.