Hello crafty friends, I saw this butterfly tree card idea on Pinterest several months ago and I wanted to give it a try using the smaller butterfly from So Many Butterflies die set by Spellbinders.
Initially, I thought of making a multicolored composition but I decided to use the Ukrainian flag colours instead.
I just feel the need to share a little bit of love with Ukraine in these difficult moments while trying to avoid spreading my sadness about this topic.
Butterfly Tree Card Process
This is a 6 x 6″ card and to make it :
- First, I die-cut several butterflies out of white cardstock using the smaller die from the Spellbinders So Many Butterflies die set.
- I also die-cut the buterflies bodies out of Simon Says Stamp Black Glossy Cardstock.
- For the background, I die-cut a square panel using the largest die from Honey Bee Double Stitch Squares die set.
- Then, I sprayed some of the butterflies using Scattered Straw and Broken China Distress Oxide Spray and set aside.
- Next, I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp one of the tree images from the newly released Tree Of Life stamp set by AALL & Create and also to stamp some textures over the inked butterfly.
- As I wanted some butterflies to ressamble tree branches, I used butterfly stamps from AAll & Create Insect Wings to stamp a pattern over the butterflies.
- So Many Butterflies die set has a coorinating stamp set called Butterflies Sentiments but I really didnt want to give to much shape to the whole thing.
- Next, I glued the butterflies over the square stamped background panel and I glued the butterflies bodies.
- To add interest and sparkle, I splattered the panel using black ink mixed with water and I also splattered Sparkle Silk.
- I added a little banner stamped with the word “Peace” that is from the CZ Clean Line Christmas Stamp Set.
- To finish I glued the panel onto a 6×6 inches card base and I embellished using Spellbinders Teal Mix Gems.
Ohh!! To stamp the envelope, I used a stamp from a set that sadly is unavailable to the market. Apologies.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.