Hello crafty friends, I made a Sunflower Petals Frame using the floral die and leaves dies by Simon Says Stamp listed below.
Dies used to make the frame:
- Sunflower Petals Wafer Dies ( used to make the 2 main flowers designs in the frame)
- Detailed Rose Wafer Die ( Broad Leaves)
- Tall Leaf Spray ( Foliage – long leaves)
- Mini Slimline Windows ( The sentiment)
Here is also an idea to create 2 different flower designs using Sunflower Petals Wafer Dies and to DIY elements for your projects using stripes of cardstock + parts of leafy die-cuts.
Sunflower Petals Frame
I have been heavily inspired by my super talented friend Ilda Diaz. She has made the most gorgeous and colorful frames using floral die-cuts and I had to try her multilayer technique + my personal touch.
So what is new? Ilda is introducing and altering an old papercraft technique called “Decoupage”.
Instead of using printed images, she layers several dimensional die-cut flowers. The dimension and the look and feel of the final flowers are insane.
She has layered up to four tridimensional die-cut flowers!
How I did it
- To do this, I simply put together 2 sunflowers ( each has 16 petals)
- Then using dimensional foam pads, I stuck one over the other one.
- To create a second flower design, I used half of the sunflower die-cut and I added used a portion of a Tall Leaf Spray to create the steam.
- I also DIY the black pistils and springs.
- Metallic accents were adde too, using SSS Matte Gold Cardtock.
- To add sparkle to the centerpiece of each flower, I used Nuvo Morning Fog Sparkle Spray .
- The center pieces were die-cut out of Fog and black cardstock.
- I also used Sage Leaf cardstock as I found the combination with black and white subbtle and eyecatching.
- As I wasnt sure about the background colour, I asked Alexa for the kind of colours that coordinates with white and she said “blue”, so I added a light blue background.
Sunflower Petals Frame – Video
***Click on the picture below to watch how I did this.
Thirsty for more?
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support