These die sets are super easy to use and they are designed to create little Christmas baubles but I decided to use only the basic shapes to make card toppers.
Rejoice Nativity and Through The Woods
As I wanted to create colourful compositions for these die-cut only cards, instead of using solid coloured cardstock, I die cut all the pieces out of white cardstock and I applied colour using Distress Inks listed below:
- RUSTIC WILDERNESS Distress Ink
- MOWED LAWN Distress Ink
- MUSTARD SEED Distress Ink
- WALNUT STAIN Distress Ink
Shadows and contrast
Once all the pieces were inked, I layered behind 2 extra die-cuts just a little bit of dimension.
- For both toppers I die-cut the frame out of Golden Satin Speciality Cardstock, making sure the texture of the paper was horizontal as this makes the paper shine in a beautiful way.
- I also glued a piece of gold glitter mirror cardstock at the back of the toppers so that you can see the golden paper popping through the little holes on the die-cut backgrounds.
- For the card base, I used a piece of blue cardstock and I added a little bit of black and dark blue Distress Inks at the top of the panel.
- Then, I sprayed this with a little bit of water and when it dried, I also splatter white acrylic paint diluted with water.
I decided to add banners to both cards and to do this, I used pre-printed sentiments from the Sentiments strips Slimline Christmas.
That’s all for today
I hope you enjoy this post.
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.