I chose pruples , greens and blue for easy blendability but you can use any ink type or colour.
SSS Fading Floral Stencil
To make the cards in this post, I first made the card bases.
From and A4 sheet of cardstock , I could make a 3-3/4″ x 8-1/2″ inches card base and the front panel of each card .
You can make your slimline wider if you want too.
- To add a nice decorative edge to the front panels of these cards, I used dies from Heffy Doodle Stitched Slimline Trio Die.
- Then, I applied Distress ink through the stencil over Neenah Classic Crest 110 LB Smooth Solar White.
- To do this , I used Simon Says Stamp Blending Brushes and Detail Blending Tools.
Use ink colours that when blended together achive the desired shade or tone or ink colours that intensify the cink colour applied.
For these cards I used green and purple shades and I used a dark blue ink colour to add interest.
Distress Ink Colours Used:
- Flowers| Seedless Preserves Oxide , Wilted Violet Oxide.
- Cherries and Dark areas| Prize Ribbon
- Leaves | Peele Paint Oxide, Mowed lawn, Pine Needelss Oxide
- Center of the Flowers and leaves | Fossilized Amber
You can use a Light Mist Spray Bottle to spray water over the stencilled image.
- For the sentiments, I used Golden Satin Cardstock also included in the Gold Hearted 6 x 6 Mixed Card Pack.
- The backing panel of the sentiments were die-cut out of Vellum
- I used the GEMINI Die-Cutting Machine ( electric) but I also have the Spellbinders PLATINUM 6 Die Cutting and I love them both.
- To decorate, I used Fashion Gold Embellishments
- I glued the pieces for this card using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Watch the Cardmaking Video on my Instagram Account
That’s all for today
Thanks for stopping by
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.