Yeah… I’m also celebrating Xmas in July!
*** Find the complete supplies list at the bottom of this post.
Xmas Globe + Tim Holtz Darling Deer and funky Festive
These cards measure 5-1/2 ” by 4-1/4″ inches
The Globe and ornaments measure about 4 -1/8″ x 4-1/2″ inches.
The Cardmaking Process
- First, I die cut the Globe and Ornament out of Fire Stone Iridecent Carstock ( this is a gorgoeus paper)
- Then, l die cut the deers from Darling Deer Die Set and the Poinsettias and Foliage from Funky Festive die set out of coloured cardstock .
- Next, I assembled the florals and leaves as these are layered die-cuts.
- To add interest, I used Rustic Wilderness and Walnut Stain Distress ink over all the die cuts.
- I also die-ciut a background piece for the globe out of neenah 80lb cardtock using a die from Globe Ornament die set.
- Then, I applied a hint of Peacock Feathers Distress ink over the edges of piece.
- Using the same ink, a beknding brush and a stencils from CZ Design Stencils Mini Slimline Patterns stencil set I added the dotty pattern to the piece.
When I had all the components to create the globe, I proceed to assemble it
I used Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere to all the pieces
Once the Globe and Ornaments were assembled , I decided to emboss a background panel using SSS Forest Border embossing folder.
I used Rustic Wilderness and Peacock Feathers over the embossed panel to reveal the embossed image.
Then, I glued the embossed panels to C6 card bases and I adhered the toppers using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
You can create a globe or a Xas bauble using the same die set so that I wanted to show you both options.
Xmas Bauble + TIM HOLTZ DARLING DEER AND FUNKY FESTIVE
For this second card, I applied to the background of the bauble a little bit of Faded Jeans Distress ink through the dotty stencil from CZ Design Stencils Mini Slimline Patterns stencil set.
Assambling the Ornaments to Make Shaker Cards
Watch the video tutorial to make Xmas Globe and Ornaments. Read the post …
That’s all for today.
I hope you enjoyed this project.
What is New?
Affiliate links apply at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.