I have to admit that I’m a bit intimidated to share this idea as it took me out of my comfort zone but I decided to go ahead because I’m amazed by the texture, the colour, and the dimension achieved.
The contrast between mat earthy colors and gold embossing powders is mind-blowing.
Stencils, Texture Paste and Heat Embossing
I simply used the stencil to apply texture paste. I sprinkled embossing powder then applied heat. Voila!
WOW Ancient Jewels Trio
Wow, Ancient Jewels Trio is a beautiful themed collection of 3 Embossing Powders: Decadent Ruby, Egyptian Turquoise, and Royal Emerald
These powders are a blend of a matte/ opaque embossing powder color with gold ultra high embossing powder.
The ultra-high embossing powders contain large or chunky granules of embossing powder that melt in unexpected ways. They are great to add a rough texture or to add interest to your compositions.
They are the opposite of the popular superfine embossing powders that are great to heat emboss details and sentiments.
The Card-making Process
- First, I stamped the images from Spring Birds stamp and dies set, on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and I die cut them.
- I used the branch die from Spring Birds die set to die cut vellum and glitter cardstock.
- Then, using Painted Flowers Wreath Stencil, I applied Texture Paste over a piece of black cardstock.
- I applied embossing powders from Ancient Jewelers Trio and using an I heat set.
I used Decadent Ruby for the brown card and a mix of Egyptian Turquoise and Royal Emerald for thebluish card.
- Then, I glued the images and die cuts from the Spring Birds stamp and dies set over the panel.
- To mute the background panel colour, I applied twice Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink and I sprayed water to oxidize the ink. As this was not enough I also applied Old Paper Distress Oxide Spray.
- For the sentiment, I adhered a piece of double-sided adhesive to a small black piece of cardstock and I die cut the side with the adhesive on top.
- Once I die-cut the piece, I peeled off the lining of the adhesive paper and sprinkle ultra-high gold embossing powder and I dabbed the piece on superfine gold embossing powder.
- Then, I heat set.
- To finish, I added Gold Fashion Embellishments.
Watch heat embossing Videos
That’s all for today
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Affiliate links applies at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.