Hello everyone, I have the honour to be guest designing for Spellbinders today to share ideas and inspiration using dies from 3D Vignettes Mini Album die collection by Becca Feeken.
I’m all about gold but today I choose silver and holographic cardstock. I thought this stunning neutral color would show the true beauty of the die cuts produced by some of the dies in this collection.
For the main projects I used 2 of the new die sets:
For the bonus projects, I used another 2 die sets from this collection.
- Shapeabilities Woven Trellis Corner and edges die set
- Shapeabilities Grand Vaulted Cabinet Etched Dies
I hope you like these ideas!
- Using Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies to die cut a piece of barely grey cardstock 200 grams.
- Spray the floral die cuts with water and allow the paper to absorb it.
- Next, gently crush the die cuts like if you were making small paper balls.
- Allow the paper to dry for several hours or overnight.
- Carefully unfold the die cuts.
- Glue die cuts together.
Box Lid and Floral Topper
The large Shapeabilities Woven Trellis Side Pocket Etched Die is great to make the lid for a 3-5/8″x 3-5/8″ inches box.
- Simply die cut 2 pockets, fold the paper over the scoring lines created by the dies and glue the die cuts together to make a square lid.
- Using a circle punch make holes on both ends of the lid flaps and thread a ribbon to keep the lid shape.
- Embellish with wrinkled flowers made using Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies.
- Add Fashion Silver embellishments.
- Add a holographic foiled banner with a sentiment to customise the box to any special occasion.
Gift Card and Bag with Embellishment Pocket
Use the pockets or corner die cuts to embellish any project.
I embellished a gift bag using Shapeabilities Woven Trellis Side Pocket Etched Die.
This time I trimmed the edges of the die-cut and I only adhered the pocket corners to the gift bag so that the pocket will hold a small treat, a gift card envelope or a mini card.
I made the gift card envelope using the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the month ( January 2020).
The envelope measures 3 x 4″ inches.
This project also features ideas to mix and match supplies.
I also made a small heart tag using the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the month ( January 2020).
For the banner, I used Everyday Sentiments glimmer plates as well.
Clean and Simple Card Background
The leave die included in Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Die setis just beautiful!
Create a simple die-cut background by simply gluing several die cuts directly on the front panel of a card base.
To achieve color coordination, add a foiledor embossed sentiment and I added fashion silver embellishments.
This card measures 4-1/4 “x 5-1/2 inches but you can make it in any size.
I used A2 card blanks and envelopes in ivory white by Tonic studios.
Top Folding Cards
Becca Feeken dies are traditional, elegant and intricate and although the dies made all the hard work and they have been designed to make the most eye-catching 3D projects, you can make quick and easy cards like those in the picture above.
For these cards, I used Shapeabilities Grand Vaulted Cabinet Etched Dies.
- To make the shaped card base all you have to do is to cut two panels with the large frame die.
- Then trim the hooks at the sides of the panels.
- Score a line at 1’1’4 inches from the top of one of the die cuts and glue the panels together.
These shaped cards will fit a standard C6 envelope. You might need to trim the hair of each side to close the envelope.
For the box above I used one die from Shapeabilities Woven Trellis Corner and edges die set.
This die set includes a mini version of the larger pocket die used in projects bove and I couldn’t resist making a simple embellishment for a 4×4 inches Box.
The flower was also made using Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies as well but here I shape it with a stylus and I applied distress inks on the edges of the paper.
The same die cut flower can look totally different this way!
To make the box lid I used a 6×6 sheet of paper from Love the Moment paper pad and I scored all around the edges at 1″ inch.
The box base was made out of 300 grams of grey cardstock. I used an 8×8 ” inches piece of cardstock I trimmed 1/8″ of each side and I scored the paper at 2″.
Here I also added a mini tag made using glimmer plates from the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month.
Check out more Becca Feeken inspiration:
- Candlewick Collection
- 3D holiday Vignettes
- 3D Holiday Vignettes Shadowbox and Tags
- Amazing Paper Grace – Paper Purses
- Spellbinders Blog
That’s all for today.
I hope you like the Spellbinders Large Die of the month – January 2020!!
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support!