We are celebrating her latest and inspiring product collections!
How I did it
- I die cut a 5×5 inches piece of white cardstock using Tousled Etched Die Set and the Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting.
- Then, I coloured the die cut silhouette using a mix of blue Copic Markers and blue ColourSticks By Jane Davenport. I added skin tones in some areas of the face and hot pinks and red on the lips.
- Next, I grabbed the face negative die cut and using a small make-up brush I applied some of the gorgeous pinks and brown pastels from Birthday Suit Pastels Set on it. This was enough to add a little bit of colour to the face and keep the balance on the colouring.
- I also decided to stamp a sentiment in the front panel and to make some flowers to add on the girl’s hair. The sentiment and flowers are from Bloom Where You Are Planted stamp set by Stephany Low.
- At that stage, all I needed was to glue the pieces on a card base but I decided to add a shaker.
- To assemble the card, I adhered a piece of acetate behind the front panel and then I glue the coloured silhouette and the negative die cut of the face in place.
- Using the Tousled Etched Die Set I also die cut a piece of craft foam to make a box behind the die cut image to add sequins and confetti.
- I simply adhered the craft foam behind the front panel using double-sided tape and making sure the die cut window aligned perfectly.
- I added Nuvo Confetti in blue, purple and white.
- I also embellish using Pink Orchid Nuvo Drops.
To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments across all of the blogs in the hop.
Giveaway closes on Sunday, July 7th 11:59 pm EDT. Winners will be announced on the Spellbinders blog hop post the following Monday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties, and taxes.
The next in the hop is the absolutely amazing Nina-Marie Trapani, let’s see what she has done!!
- Jane Davenport
- Mayline Jung
- Kate Palmer
- Claudia White
- Kathy Racoosin
- Kathleen Graumüller
- Bibi Cameron YOU ARE HERE!!
- Nina-Marie Trapani
- Laura Volpes
- Amy Rysavy
- Svitlana Shayevich
- Lynn Kramer-Put
- Marie Heiderscheit
- Yana Smakula
| Making Faces By Jane Davenport Starter Kit Bundle.
Join Making Faces Free Online Workshop
Jane Davenport is having a free Making Faces Online Workshop. Click here to register!!!
This is an online art class and you can tune in when convenient, enjoy the lessons at your own pace, rewind as needed and learn in your pyjamas if that’s what suits you!
Make sure to join the class and enjoy learning new fun techniques.
That’s all for today.
Any questions? please ask. 🙂
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.