Hi Crafty Friends, The Honey Bee Stamps Holiday Release is now available in the store HERE! and it is to die for: with beautiful stamps and coordinating dies. To celebrate the new release, we are having the Season’s Tweetings Blog Hop/Giveaway so please get comfy and hop along with us!
For the cards today I used Snow Birds stamp set and Adore Him stamp just released and I also used the tiny musical notes from Let it Snow stamp set, I think they add a lot of sense to the card despite being such a tiny detail.
How I did it?
- This is a large card. It measures 8-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ inches.
- I used Bristol smooth paper 270grams.
- I started stamping the bird in the center with Versafine Onix Black ink.
- Then I created a mask and I placed it over the stamped bird to overlay 2 additional images at the sides.
- Once I finished the stamping I masked the 3 birds with post-it notes, and I added color to the background with a Ranger round blender tool using Worn lipstick Distress Oxide ink, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Black Soot Distress Inks. ( I started applying the pink shade just above the head of the birds and I blended from there.)
- I stamped the large sentiment using Versamark clear ink and Nuvo white Fine Detail Embossing Powder.
- I splattered the background with water and with the ink of a white marker.
- I added white dotes to the background as well.
- I drew some starts using a white Polka Marker.
- I stamped the Musical Notes from Let it Snow Stamp Set with Versafine Black Onix Ink
- I applied colour with Zigz ( water-based markers) and a Nuvo Water Brush.
- I added a few details to the images using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.
- I added a drop of black enamel over the eyes of the birds ( just a wee drop)
Be sure to visit each blog & leave a comment to be entered to win!!! We will be giving away a $50 gift card to theHoney Bee Stamps store.The winner will be posted on the Honey Bee Blog on Monday, November 13th -2017.
Blog Hoppers :
Bibi Cameron You are here!