Hello everyone, welcome to my blog! I have the honor to be invited to share creativity with other 19 stampers from around the globe over the Simon Says Stamp blog today to celebrate the World Card Making Day!
Happy World Card Making Day !!!
Although I have been living in Scotland for over 5 years I’m representing my home country Colombia -South America, and I made cards using the colors of the Colombian flag (except for the green which was a last minute addition.
Check out more information about the event and giveaway below…
To create the backgrounds I applied a technique called “Gesso Resist” also adding my personal touch.
You can apply this technique using your favorite colours . I mixed same Distress Ink colors’ shades.
To add color to the Santa image I used Chameleon Colored Pencils and ZiG Water-based Markers. I’m also sharing a fun and easy Colored Pencils Resist Technique in my video so don’t miss it out!
The paper is key so I used Bristol Paper on the green card and I like that one the most. I used standard smooth cardstock to make the other card samples! You can also see how the paper makes all the difference in my video.
|I embellished using Twine and Nuvo drops.|
|I also applied colored pencils over the stamped banner to add shadows… it looks quite cool!
Simon Says Stamp is also inviting you to share the projects you have been doing for card making day and to upload your cards at the InLink here!!! by 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 14th, and they will choose 10 random winners to receive a $50 gift card from Simon Says Stamp and one random winner to receive a one-year subscription to Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine!
Pop over the Simon Says Stamp Blog Here and read more information about this event!
1. Australia 🇦🇺 – Gayatri Murali
2. Belgium 🇧🇪 – Laura Sterckz
3. Canada 🇨🇦 – Sarah Moerman
4. China 🇨🇳 – Scarlet Liu
5. Colombia 🇨🇴 – Bibi Cameron YOU ARE HERE!
6. England 🇬🇧 – Jo Nevill
7. Germany 🇩🇪 – Maria Fischer
8. Greece 🇬🇷 – Vicky Papaioannou
9. Italy 🇮🇹 – Barbara Schiassi
10. Malta 🇲🇹- Lorraine Aquilina
11. Poland 🇵🇱 – Marzena Ziuziakowska
12. Russia 🇷🇺- Svetlana Pavlova
13. Scotland (no flag emoji for Scotland) – Debby Hughes
14. South Africa 🇿🇦 – Anna-Karin Edvaldsson
15. South Korea 🇰🇷- Marge Yoon –
16. Spain 🇪🇸 – Amanda Korotkova
17. Switzerland 🇨🇭 – Isha Gupta
18. Ukraine 🇺🇦 – Svitlana Shayevich
19. USA 🇺🇸 – Barb Engler
That’s all! I hope you enjoy these projects, ideas, video, the tips and techniques and also the Simon Says Stamp invitation to participate in the giveaway.
Thanks for stopping by and do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here! and get my latest blog post directly in your inbox.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment I would love to hear from you