Hello from Scotland! Welcome to my blog and to Simon Says Stamp Crafty Hugs Release Blog Hop Details – Day 2.
Today I’m sharing ideas using the new background stamp Center Cut Hexagon Floral.
You can explore Complete Crafty Hugs release here!
Center Cut Hexagon Floral it is a beautiful 6×6 background stamp made out of red rubber and you can remove the center for more stamping possibilities.
Although the pattern in the stamps is not intricate, for some reason I associated the background image with the designs of Willow Pattern in China plates!
Miss You Card
To add color, I only used Royal Blue Karin Marker.
You can see a 30-second video on my Instagram hereto see how I applied colour!
- I first heat embossed the image on Arches 300 grams watercolor paper.
- You can use different embossing powders colors. I used WoW Gold Rich Ultra Fine.
- I used a Nuvo synthetic brush to apply water over the small flowers ( although these brushes aren’t great for watercolor, I chose it because it doesn’t hold loads of water and this helped me to apply just the right amount of water over the paper)
- Then, I just dabbed the marker tip on the base of each tiny petal.
- The ink got blended with the water creating a watercolor effect.
- I use the clean and semi-dry brush to help out to spread the ink a little bit more evenly.
- I cleaned the brush every time it got inked so that I avoid getting solid washes of color.
- I didn’t aim for perfection but just to add a very quirky and irregular wash of color.
For the sentiment, I used CZ Miss You wafer die.
I die cut the sentiment out ofgold mirror cardstock and I die cut vellum for the backing panel.
To adhere the sentiment to the panel, I cut in half a couple of small square double-sided foam adhesivesand stuck them behind the fonts so that they cant be seen in the front of the card.
Praying For You
I couldn’t resist trying a different layout using a monochromatic panel like this one so here is another idea.
- I used Crocus Flowers wafer die and the sentiment is from Sentiments Stripes Reverse Love.
- I added Fashion Gold Embellishments.
- To be able to add dimension to the flower, I didn’t remove the leaves die-cuts and the tiny die cuts in the flower center so that I could place double-sided foam adhesive behind.
Check out more inspiration using Crocus Flowers Wafer Die here!
I also wanted to do something a bit different for you today so I made a little tag!
This time I also used Cerise and Touruqoise Karin Markers to add colours to the flowers.
I stamped lilac cardstock using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.
The sentiment is from Tiny Words Encouragement Stamp Set.
The next in the hop isBarb Englerkeep hoping to see what everyone is making!
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Laura Bassen
- Debby Hughes
- Yoonsun Hur
- Heather Hoffman
- Bibi Cameron >>>You are here!!!
- Barb Engler
- Sidnie Des Jardins
- Cheiron Brandon
- Laurie Willison
- Caly Person
- Betty Wright
- Bobbi Lemanski
- Lea Lawson
- Preeti Chandran
- Lin Brandyberry
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section.
Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 3rd of June.
That’s all for today.
I hope you like these ideas.
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support!