What a cool layered stencil. It consists of 4 stencils that you can use to create a multicolor stenciled image.
|Winter Floral Layering Set by Simon Says Stamp|
So I dreamed about using mousses with these stencils and although this was a messy play they were just perfect to add the wow factor to my little projects!
I have in my stash several Nuvo embellishment and Expanding Mousses and Christmas time is a good time to make these mousses shine!
The mousses :
- Dry fast
- Are opaque
- Add sparkle and shine
- Add a nice subtle texture
I used traditional colors and I also make alternative projects for you in teal, blue and purple colors.
I didn’t activate the expanding mousses BTW as I wanted a smooth and shiny finishing.
The expanding mousses will turn mat and rough if you heat set them.
To bear in mind
- These mousses are waterbased.
- They will activate with water so avoid applying water or waterbased products over the dry mousses. This will affect the stenciled image.
- They are fully blendable. Mix mousses to achieve different color shades or mix them with other waterbased products to create new colors as well.
- Warning: The mousses will dry if you don’t close the container properly. I seal the containers using Pres’n Seal, clean film or foil to keep the product moistured.
For some of the cards in this post, I also made simple watercolor backgrounds using an inexpensive makeup brush to spread Nuvo Aqua Flow pens pigments diluted with a little bit of water on watercolor paper.
Any watercolor paper will be good to do this.
I also spray water and Mica Mist over the watercolour backgrounds to add extra texture and interest.
So prepare yourself to get your hands a bit dirty and enjoy multilayer stencils and Nuvo Mousses.
That’s all for today.
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for your support.