Hi everyone, we are celebrating the release of Tonic Studios Designer Choice a monthly event that introduces limited edition die sets each month.
This month the die set featured ” Dragonfly Easel Die Set”, the set included 14 dis designed to create 3′ x 5′ inches dragonfly shaped easel cards.
- Explore designer Choice on the Tonic Studios UK shop here!
- Explore designer Choice on the Tonic Studios USA shop here!
- Get £5 / $5 off using the code DIEFIVE .
So for today, I’m sharing a 5-minutes video with 5 quick and simple cardmaking ideas using this die set!
Dragonfly Easel Card
This is what the die set has been designed for.
- All you have to do is to use the frame dies in the kit to cut the card base
- and glue them together as I show in the video
- next, embellish the card using any decorative die in the set.
- The easel card will fit in a standard C6 envelope.
Do Partial Die Cut Borders
The die in the picture above makes creates a beautiful partial die-cutting pattern.
You can use this die alone to create borders, frames and corners.
You can easily overlap the decorative die cuts to create a frame or border.
Due to the size of the die-cut, you would be able to create square cards starting at 5×5 inches and onwards.
The card in the picture measures 7 x7 inches.
Make a Gatefold Card
Using additional dies in the kit you will be able to create a super easy shaped gatefold card like in the picture above and decorate it.
This card measures 6×6 inches.
Create pockets for cards or albums
I mixed two ideas on this card:
- The first is to create a simple composition for the front of your cards combining the border die and some of the small butterflies in the set.
- The second one is to create a dragonfly shaped pocket. You can use this idea to create gift cards or pockets for your albums!
***This exclusive die set will be available until supplies last.
Grab yours with a £5 / $5 off using the code DIEFIVE .
That’s all for today. I hope you like these ideas…